This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First Fairy Fencer F Screenshots

#111Nightmare637Posted 5/17/2013 12:06:16 AM
yahya_no_1 posted...
generic game going after what sells in japn, sorry I don't like under age girls, you got the right fans for this kind of game here though, creep and have not seen a real female on like never.

Seriously no one tell me this is art, or I will slap him silly, take your art to your creepy bedroom and keep it there

Its art.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
3DS FC:4613-6937-5018
#112NilakanthaPosted 5/17/2013 12:07:16 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
TehAssasin posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
"At least you admitted to the fan service part. But one thing I like to point out is that not anime or anime games resort to these fan service. Certainly the ones I know off and had listed as examples in earlier posts. Having small dose of fan service is acceptable, but to capture the market of RPG from outside of Japan, it may not very well be a good strategy to roll with having relatively large amount of such content."

Every single anime and anime game I've ever played, seen, or watched, at some point or another, has fan service. Could be fairly small, quick, subtle, whatever, it's there. It's ~always~ there. Small doses or not does not negate it being there.

Yes, well, by this logic, western game makers should start catering to the Japanese if they want their games to do good there......don't see that ever happening. So maybe, either, realize the games are aimed at a specific market and deal with it, or just don't play it?

I won't argue with your first paragraph, there's always fan service in different form for anime/ anime games. But the idea is that having abundance of them simply don't equate to them being well-accepted in public especially people who aren't used to the Japanese culture, i.e. numerous others outside of Japan.

I'm not sure about the exact figures, but it's the Japan -> Western transition we are talking about. And I'm sure there're many JRPG fans out there who grew up playing RPG since the SNES days, rarely coming across obscure titles like NDN or Record of Agarest War, like to get their hands on what they've used to see/play, which is the very reason for my first reply in this thread.

I've played RPGs since the NES days and much of what I play is obscure or niche titles because I actually like Japanese titles that don't conform or try to cater to the west in general. I'm also not the only one. Hence what I said.

Japan should not have to cater to the west when the west doesn't cater to Japan, that's kind of the point I was making. They're quite clearly not trying to capture huge markets outside of Japan.

I've also been playing since the NES/Fam days, but this is even consider cheap art in Japan too. It has a small fanbase compared to franchises such like Breath of Fire, Final Fantasy, Shadow Hearts, and many other niche titles. Either that or Famitsu, Dengeki, and Nico Nico are bias as they tend to bash every Compile Hearts game that comes out.
#113Nightmare637Posted 5/17/2013 12:08:14 AM
I'm not going to read through this topic but this game was made through the Gallopagos brand meaning they're catering to the Japanese and no other.

this doesen't mean they won't localized though.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
3DS FC:4613-6937-5018
#114RyuuHou25Posted 5/17/2013 12:09:07 AM(edited)
TehAssasin posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
TehAssasin posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
"At least you admitted to the fan service part. But one thing I like to point out is that not anime or anime games resort to these fan service. Certainly the ones I know off and had listed as examples in earlier posts. Having small dose of fan service is acceptable, but to capture the market of RPG from outside of Japan, it may not very well be a good strategy to roll with having relatively large amount of such content."

Every single anime and anime game I've ever played, seen, or watched, at some point or another, has fan service. Could be fairly small, quick, subtle, whatever, it's there. It's ~always~ there. Small doses or not does not negate it being there.

Yes, well, by this logic, western game makers should start catering to the Japanese if they want their games to do good there......don't see that ever happening. So maybe, either, realize the games are aimed at a specific market and deal with it, or just don't play it?

I won't argue with your first paragraph, there's always fan service in different form for anime/ anime games. But the idea is that having abundance of them simply don't equate to them being well-accepted in public especially people who aren't used to the Japanese culture, i.e. numerous others outside of Japan.

I'm not sure about the exact figures, but it's the Japan -> Western transition we are talking about. And I'm sure there're many JRPG fans out there who grew up playing RPG since the SNES days, rarely coming across obscure titles like NDN or Record of Agarest War, like to get their hands on what they've used to see/play, which is the very reason for my first reply in this thread.

I've played RPGs since the NES days and much of what I play is obscure or niche titles because I actually like Japanese titles that don't conform or try to cater to the west in general. I'm also not the only one. Hence what I said.

Japan should not have to cater to the west when the west doesn't cater to Japan, that's kind of the point I was making. They're quite clearly not trying to capture huge markets outside of Japan.

Well then, good for you. I guess many others including myself wouldn't be seeing ourselves playing Compile Hearts productions anytime soon. It's unfortunate though, because they are one of the few active developers who make and release JRPG titles for PS3 outside of Japan.

So you have one of two choices -

Get the **** over it and pull the stick out of your ass

Continue to be ignorant and stuck up on your loli obsessions while the rest of us play mediocre to decent JRPG titles while waiting for the few and far between amazing ones that come from other devs.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#115RyuuHou25Posted 5/17/2013 12:11:07 AM
Nilakantha posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
TehAssasin posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

I've also been playing since the NES/Fam days, but this is even consider cheap art in Japan too. It has a small fanbase compared to franchises such like Breath of Fire, Final Fantasy, Shadow Hearts, and many other niche titles. Either that or Famitsu, Dengeki, and Nico Nico are bias as they tend to bash every Compile Hearts game that comes out.

Unless you actually live in Japan, you really shouldn't be stating what they consider cheap art there. Just because some review sites don't like it, doesn't reflect on the populous and how they take it or how popular it really is.
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#116NilakanthaPosted 5/17/2013 12:20:11 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Nilakantha posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
TehAssasin posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Unless you actually live in Japan, you really shouldn't be stating what they consider cheap art there. Just because some review sites don't like it, doesn't reflect on the populous and how they take it or how popular it really is.

After living their for a while, I think I have a little understanding of how it fairs over there. I don't claim to know everything about Japan, but you can find these same type of artwork sold at random vendors next to eroge shops. I'm going by what I've seen and what I encountered in Japan. You can even find this type of art on candy and on karaoke machines. I have tons of games with these same type of art styles on it. Its kind of the same.
#117RyuuHou25Posted 5/17/2013 12:23:43 AM
"After living their for a while, I think I have a little understanding of how it fairs over there. I don't claim to know everything about Japan, but you can find these same type of artwork sold at random vendors next to eroge shops. I'm going by what I've seen and what I encountered in Japan. You can even find this type of art on candy and on karaoke machines. I have tons of games with these same type of art styles on it. Its kind of the same."

Fair enough!

Lots of people tend to claim things about Japan without having even stepped foot anywhere near there.
---
#118NilakanthaPosted 5/17/2013 12:35:55 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
"After living their for a while, I think I have a little understanding of how it fairs over there. I don't claim to know everything about Japan, but you can find these same type of artwork sold at random vendors next to eroge shops. I'm going by what I've seen and what I encountered in Japan. You can even find this type of art on candy and on karaoke machines. I have tons of games with these same type of art styles on it. Its kind of the same."

Fair enough!

Lots of people tend to claim things about Japan without having even stepped foot anywhere near there.

True, many of the artists that most of us remember from the NES/Fam-PS2 are now either brook, drawing for social gaming or trying to sell their art in the streets because the big companies don't want to use them in big name titles. I hear that the great Akiman was trying to sell his art during a anime convention. I wish I could have gone to pic up a artbook from him personally.
#119Arya1Posted 5/17/2013 12:48:59 AM
StrangeJourney posted...
Anime = loli according to the some of the idiots on here.
#120CrossRavenPosted 5/17/2013 1:13:43 AM
Nightmare637 posted...
I'm not going to read through this topic but this game was made through the Gallopagos brand meaning they're catering to the Japanese and no other.

this doesen't mean they won't localized though.

As you shouldn't, it's pretty stupid.
---
"Give me a Y....Give me an R....Give me a Break" - Yuna, Rikku and Paine
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Cross Raven