This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First Fairy Fencer F Screenshots

#41Devilman_AmonPosted 5/16/2013 9:58:49 AM
Gust & Moe:

Easy to draw = quick turn out for weekly Manga/Anime. Realistic designs are hard.

Appeases to kids, teen boys, girls, women, middle aged pervs. Wide demographic. Japanese female gamers are a loyal and rather large group; possibly larger than Western female gamer group...

Easy to animate for low budget game developers. Low polyogon count character models, mostly dungeon crawling so easy to animate simplistic 3D dungeons and motion portrait semi static 2D animation for cut scenes..

Tie in for Anime which pulls in the Anime crowd that also likes to game

Pulls in the Goth female crowd that like the lolita goth fashion.

Familiarity of Neptunia via artist and game engine guarantees spill over from that fanbase to this. Ease of recycle for low budget developer.

Shineboxer, lemon and wstfld support these full heartedly.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#42GamenamebullyPosted 5/16/2013 11:10:31 AM
By this boards logic any game with an anime artstyle="loli RPG" now?

I think this board is going to make sure loli loses it's meaning and it becomes a null word.

ANYWAYS...

I hope this gets a western release. I would like to try it out.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#43spectermaster14Posted 5/16/2013 11:50:33 AM
As someone who grew up on anime and manga and fell out of the loop due to the influx of moe garbage, it hurts me down to the core to see that people are actually able to just say "it's just anime, guys!" in defense of this kind of art. Generic, bug eyed, spindly limb having woman-children with shrill voices should never be the defining design of a medium.
#44SightoPosted 5/16/2013 11:59:01 AM
RPG maniac87 posted...
HolyMcmoly posted...
I'm so sick of that art style, you unoriginal tool bags. The rest of the game is probably just as generic as it.

At least it looks more original than most games on the PS3. Have you seen The Last of Us?

Agreed.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#45Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/16/2013 12:00:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#46Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/16/2013 12:11:23 PM
TehAssasin posted...
RetroFanGirl posted...
TehAssasin posted...
Great. More lolli RPG. Exactly what we needed.

Did you really go into this topic seeing "Fairy Fencer F" and expecting a burly western game? LMAO

Yes, I expected God of War.

You have horrible tastes. Why anyone would want a burly, muscly tough guy over a lithe, elegant, graceful woman is an alien concept to me.
#47BaseChouGokuPosted 5/16/2013 12:13:50 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
TehAssasin posted...
RetroFanGirl posted...
TehAssasin posted...

Did you really go into this topic seeing "Fairy Fencer F" and expecting a burly western game? LMAO

You have horrible tastes. Why anyone would want a burly, muscly tough guy over a lithe, elegant, graceful woman is an alien concept to me.

Because it conflicts with the male power fantasy and because it clashes with their insecurity and makes them think naughty thoughts even though they might be harboring hidden naughty thoughts staring at a bodybuilder's ass throughout the game
#48spectermaster14Posted 5/16/2013 12:17:04 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
TehAssasin posted...
RetroFanGirl posted...
TehAssasin posted...

Because it conflicts with the male power fantasy and because it clashes with their insecurity and makes them think naughty thoughts even though they might be harboring hidden naughty thoughts staring at a bodybuilder's ass throughout the game

This is an actual post. Someone really thought this then put it down in text form and released it to the internet, blatant douchiness and ignorance of sarcasm included. I ain't even mad, this is why I still come to this site.
#49SightoPosted 5/16/2013 12:20:39 PM
^ That's how I put up with most of your posts specter. Although this last one was surprisingly well-written for you.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#50BaseChouGokuPosted 5/16/2013 12:26:36 PM
spectermaster14 posted...

This is an actual post. Someone really thought this then put it down in text form and released it to the internet, blatant douchiness and ignorance of sarcasm included. I ain't even mad, this is why I still come to this site.

You're angry because it rings truth through your very soul. You are now questioning your sexual preference and identity from the enlightenment I have bestowed upon you.

Now get out of the closet, slap on that latex and leather and get to bar hoppin girlfriend. you have some hairy bears to capture and wrassle...