This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First Fairy Fencer F Screenshots

#71LemonKweenstaaaPosted 5/16/2013 5:24:30 PM
Generic Moe JRPG.

Seriously, haven't you people gotten sick of this overused exaggerated cutesy art style?

inb4lolitsbetterthanwesternartallhailgloriousjapan
---
Official prez of the P4G board
You know a game is for casuals when its sales go up during Golden Week -LuminescentRule
#72BaseChouGokuPosted 5/16/2013 5:29:23 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Generic Moe JRPG.

Seriously, haven't you people gotten sick of this overused exaggerated cutesy art style?

inb4lolitsbetterthanwesternartallhailgloriousjapan

Haven't you gotten sick of repeating yourself like a broken record to an audience that is not listening nor cares for your opinion? I mean, most people on this board don't even play these games so who are you so fervently preaching to? Yourself?
#73EroyumePosted 5/16/2013 5:51:37 PM
If Compile Heart can greatly improve upon the writing and the gameplay from HDN, I'll look into it. Otherwise, it's a pass. I've played too many bishoujo games on the PC that have done it better and with a much smaller budget. Tsunako's art and Uematsu's music alone won't be enough to get me to care.
---
http://eroyume.com
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eroyume
#74Sega_PlutoPosted 5/16/2013 6:20:39 PM
BaseChouGoku posted...
Honestly, what was so unique about it. The first game had terrible pacing and horrible turn based system that they thankfully improved on in the sequels but other than that, the art style is pretty generic (magical girls) and the concept isn't anything new (console wars), since it was done years ago on the Sega Dreamcast with a title known as Segagaga, which was WAY more unique than HDN could ever hope to be (since HDN basically boils down to moe fanservice too much instead of relishing in the console concept and lacks the proper cameos and varied gameplay that Segagaga had that made it so awesome)

I loved HDN's pacing and combat system. There are few truly unique premises, especially this gen. What makes them special is the differences, not the similarities.

It sounds like you're completely writing off the characters because you don't like the art style.
#75BaseChouGokuPosted 5/16/2013 6:31:01 PM(edited)
Sega_Pluto posted...
BaseChouGoku posted...
Honestly, what was so unique about it. The first game had terrible pacing and horrible turn based system that they thankfully improved on in the sequels but other than that, the art style is pretty generic (magical girls) and the concept isn't anything new (console wars), since it was done years ago on the Sega Dreamcast with a title known as Segagaga, which was WAY more unique than HDN could ever hope to be (since HDN basically boils down to moe fanservice too much instead of relishing in the console concept and lacks the proper cameos and varied gameplay that Segagaga had that made it so awesome)

I loved HDN's pacing and combat system. There are few truly unique premises, especially this gen. What makes them special is the differences, not the similarities.

It sounds like you're completely writing off the characters because you don't like the art style.

No I didn't like the gameplay. It was horrible. NPC's were silouettes, lifeless towns were just allocated to non navigational screen maps.

dungeons were generic looking as hell/, random enemy encounters were annoying (they removed these in the sequels)

like FF XIII, you had to often go to the cumbersome datalogs to figure out where to head to next in regards to the story pacing,

Some of the difficulty spikes in some dungeon quests were ridiculous

Many battles seemed to drag on needlessly forever...

story premise was interesting but the actual story was uneventful and some many scenes were just useless blabbering about non important things that led to nowhere.

random Healing system was crap, treasure finding system was crap, framerate was HORRIBLE....seriously how can a game with this low polygon count that could easily pass as a low level PS2 game have such horrible framerate? I swore it felt like it would drop to 5 frames a second at times...

Most of the characters seemed like stereotypical brain dead bimbos (especially Compta) or other such reused Anime trope personalities you've seen a million times...

The look of the characters was the LEAST of the games problems
#76StarStuff666Posted 5/16/2013 6:50:50 PM
is persona 4 loli? what about final fantasy x?
#77Sega_PlutoPosted 5/16/2013 8:08:14 PM
Once you got the battle system down length, difficulty, and healing aren't a problem.

Again, what's important isn't how they're the same -- it's how they're different. Anyone can be written off into some generic category. It's up to you to be the bigger man and look deeper than that.
#78superbaboonmanXPosted 5/16/2013 8:27:11 PM
like who is buying these games!! can't we get one cool random jrpg once in a while.
#79gangster4lifeyoPosted 5/16/2013 8:37:31 PM
This game looks perverted. I'm tired of all these disgusting loli RPGs.
#80BaseChouGokuPosted 5/16/2013 9:08:36 PM
Sega_Pluto posted...
Once you got the battle system down length, difficulty, and healing aren't a problem.

Again, what's important isn't how they're the same -- it's how they're different. Anyone can be written off into some generic category. It's up to you to be the bigger man and look deeper than that.

lol I got the battle system down. It's still bad nothing's changing that. There's a reason why the developers completely revamped it for the sequels, are in the process of somewhat redesigning it for Vita and why most fans will agree when people say the first game wasn't good...