This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First Fairy Fencer F Screenshots

#91RyuuHou25Posted 5/16/2013 10:50:16 PM
TehAssasin posted...
Board_hunter567 posted...
With things like this in their portfolio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh_kbdkcGtI
you can see why people are skeptical (and why people who try and defend this are comical beyond belief).

Even if there aren't any lolis there's definitely some lolita fashion going on, which is a dumb thing to wear if you're going to be fighting dragons.
Still, maybe Compile Hearts can make a JRPG that doesn't rely solely on fan service.

Good find. But I guess, that's our fault. We choose to perceive what seems to be group of underaged girls taking shower together as something remotely close to the sense of perverse. It must be educational. It teaches that watching girls taking shower with bubbles covering private area is an art of honesty and not thinking dirty stuffs.

Think straight folks!

You talk about perception, and then point out immediately that it ~seems~ to be. To you. Good argument!
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#92TehAssasinPosted 5/16/2013 10:55:23 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
TehAssasin posted...
you can see why people are skeptical (and why people who try and defend this are comical beyond belief).

Even if there aren't any lolis there's definitely some lolita fashion going on, which is a dumb thing to wear if you're going to be fighting dragons.
Still, maybe Compile Hearts can make a JRPG that doesn't rely solely on fan service.

Good find. But I guess, that's our fault. We choose to perceive what seems to be group of underaged girls taking shower together as something remotely close to the sense of perverse. It must be educational. It teaches that watching girls taking shower with bubbles covering private area is an art of honesty and not thinking dirty stuffs.

Think straight folks!

You talk about perception, and then point out immediately that it ~seems~ to be. To you. Good argument!

Because I am the only one who would get the vibe, right. Yea......no.
#93ShinXaguraPosted 5/16/2013 10:55:58 PM
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
Looks good to me like I said day one buy, its a JRPG that is something you could see in Japan, and I like it.

This.
---
To fight is to live. To live is to fight.
#94RyuuHou25Posted 5/16/2013 11:03:25 PM
TehAssasin posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
TehAssasin posted...

Think straight folks!

I know this is a foreign concept, but....males seeing half naked females in a game doesn't mean they're going to start fantasizing about them constantly and going "Dayum, she hot, I'd do her!"

It's fan service. It's a part of anime, it's a part of anime games, eventually it's just like "Yeah, okay....oh, they made a funny joke, haha" and then you forget about it 10 seconds later.

But yeah, you're right, there are others like you on here that would perceive them like you said......I tend to like calling them <censored rant>
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#95Board_hunter567Posted 5/16/2013 11:13:48 PM(edited)
Like I said, it's comical. To the point where it seems like it's a trolling attempt.
Sometimes I wish people would just admit why they play these games (same goes for watching most modern anime). I guess it's akin to admitting to your fetishes though.

Tombante posted...
I really don't understand how anyone can play something like that.

Regarding this particular game (FFF), there's nothing wrong with a cute anime artstyle. The problem comes when they cater to the ecchi crowd because the game is uninteresting otherwise. I don't know why people want that when they could just play/watch actual hentai instead. It would mean Japanese developers could start making better games.
#96KabtheMentatPosted 5/16/2013 11:22:43 PM(edited)
Like I said, it's comical.
Sometimes I wish people would just admit why they play these games (same goes for watching most modern anime). I guess it's akin to admitting to your fetishes though.

Tombante posted...
I really don't understand how anyone can play something like that.

Regarding this particular game (FFF), there's nothing wrong with a cute anime artstyle. The problem comes when they cater to the ecchi crowd because the game is uninteresting otherwise. I don't know why people want that when they could just play/watch actual hentai instead.

Thank you. This is what I've been saying.

If someone likes this kinda of crap, fine. But don't be surprised when someone calls it for what it is. My main gripe with JRPGs of this gen is that they've almost universally relied on this kind of thing to mask bad story telling, bad game play, and worse graphics and sound. But they pop in some panty shots and suggestive scenes and suddenly people are buying them. And apparently buying enough of them to warrant even more of them being developed.

You keep buying poor quality JRPGs, they're going to keep making poor quality JRPGs.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Hey whassup, it's ya boy Cowboy, AKA Too Young...to be havin' diabetes.
#97MwarriorHieiPosted 5/16/2013 11:19:11 PM
Wouldn't Sora and child Link be considered jailbait?

no because they are male
---
http://i.imgur.com/fvUkkgN.gif
#98TehAssasinPosted 5/16/2013 11:20:00 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
TehAssasin posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
TehAssasin posted...

Think straight folks!

I know this is a foreign concept, but....males seeing half naked females in a game doesn't mean they're going to start fantasizing about them constantly and going "Dayum, she hot, I'd do her!"

It's fan service. It's a part of anime, it's a part of anime games, eventually it's just like "Yeah, okay....oh, they made a funny joke, haha" and then you forget about it 10 seconds later.

But yeah, you're right, there are others like you on here that would perceive them like you said......I tend to like calling them <censored rant>

At least you admitted to the fan service part. But one thing I like to point out is that not anime or anime games resort to these fan service. Certainly the ones I know off and had listed as examples in earlier posts. Having small dose of fan service is acceptable, but to capture the market of RPG from outside of Japan, it may not very well be a good strategy to roll with having relatively large amount of such content.
#99RyuuHou25Posted 5/16/2013 11:20:31 PM
MwarriorHiei posted...
Wouldn't Sora and child Link be considered jailbait?

no because they are male

*head desk* Yeah, hey, if we can't possibly be sexually attracted to them, they don't count. This is our screwy logic and we're sticking to it.
---
#100BaseChouGokuPosted 5/16/2013 11:30:35 PM
Leisure Suit Larry is pretty provocative. Also that Ren & Stimpy beach episode