This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Unplayable on release" PS3 games

#1zyrax2301Posted 5/16/2013 3:28:55 PM
I hear this term thrown around more often than it should be, but what are some PS3 games which were literally broken until they were patched?

The only one I'm really aware of is Skyrim, and that was only the case if you put a good 40-50 hours into it first. Still, it was pretty broken until they patched that framerate issue.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#2mogar002Posted 5/16/2013 3:31:10 PM
Skyrim froze a lot even with very few hours put into it.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#3Godly_GoofPosted 5/16/2013 3:31:45 PM
Ummm I played over 200 hours of Skyrim with only the day 1 patch and had almost no issues with it aside from the odd freeze :/

An the so called "game breaking lag" could be fixed by simply turning the system off and then on again...
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#4BladeDog911Posted 5/16/2013 3:33:37 PM
Amy

bayonetta
#5zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 3:45:46 PM
Bayonetta? I recall some complaints about the framerate in the intro, but that doesn't sound "unplayable".
---
#6zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 3:50:48 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
Ummm I played over 200 hours of Skyrim with only the day 1 patch and had almost no issues with it aside from the odd freeze :/

An the so called "game breaking lag" could be fixed by simply turning the system off and then on again...

I'm not sure if you're trying to say that this is a good thing...? I hate resetting my system.
---
#7Godly_GoofPosted 5/16/2013 3:52:17 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

I'm not sure if you're trying to say that this is a good thing...? I hate resetting my system.

No but it's far from "unplayable". More of an annoyance.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#8zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 3:53:06 PM
Oh right, yeah. Unplayable is definitely a term that is used incorrectly in most cases.
---
#9Dicer7Posted 5/16/2013 3:58:04 PM
Brink's multiplayer.
#10Godly_GoofPosted 5/16/2013 3:59:18 PM(edited)
zyrax2301 posted...
Oh right, yeah. Unplayable is definitely a term that is used incorrectly in most cases.

It's because people exaggerate minor annoyances as "unplayable". The last unplayable game I remember was .... It's names escaping me ATM but it was a PS2 Silicon Knights game that was simply unbeatable because they screwed up an item placement and never noticed till after it released. And even that wasn't "unplayable" just "unbeatable"
---