This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dreadout: Why not more indie games for PSN too? Why just PC?

#1BaseChouGokuPosted 5/16/2013 6:40:27 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/16/if-you-enjoy-fatal-frame-you-might-like-indie-game-dreadout/

Looks interesting but my old laptop is probably too crappy to run the demo to try it out.
#2ThePHiLsTeRPosted 5/16/2013 7:19:34 PM
I watched Indie game the movie. Though I do not have the answer to your question I do know what happens in the movie. Several indie developers were planning the release dates for their games. They were of course mad hype. They were selling on xbox360, ps3 platforms etc. Then come release day to much disappointment the games were on sale but no where to be found on 360 websites, store fronts etc. You had to actually do a search for the game in order to find them. I think doing it this way makes it way harder on indie gamers.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#3BaseChouGoku(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 10:03:41 PM
bump
#4Jon_GodPosted 5/16/2013 11:20:41 PM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
I watched Indie game the movie. Though I do not have the answer to your question I do know what happens in the movie. Several indie developers were planning the release dates for their games. They were of course mad hype. They were selling on xbox360, ps3 platforms etc. Then come release day to much disappointment the games were on sale but no where to be found on 360 websites, store fronts etc. You had to actually do a search for the game in order to find them. I think doing it this way makes it way harder on indie gamers.

That was the Xbox's storefront, and IIRC, it was a glitch, as for indie games, M$ works very hard to make people not care about indie games, by hiding the section for indie games in a subsection, and not ever featuring it or anything.

Sony just started it's own "Indie" section on it's store, and it's on the front page.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#5digitalwill2000Posted 5/17/2013 12:26:08 AM
Steam Greenlight
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#6Arrowsedge89Posted 5/17/2013 1:49:09 AM(edited)
I am downloading the demo now.. I will comment on it when it's done and I play it.

As to answer your question, Consoles don't generally put that much effort in capturing indie games. Yeah, there are some that get in, but there are many amazing games that don't get in and it's a shame. I don't completely know why. It's easier for the 360 because they have a place on their market where you can become an indie developer and make games for the 360. The PS3 needs this..
---
PSN - Dark_justice1986
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
#7Arrowsedge89Posted 5/17/2013 2:02:10 AM
game is intense and scary. It has that fatal frame vibe definitely going for it. I'd buy a full version. It is confusing to get down at first, but once you figure out what to do, it's okay.
---
PSN - Dark_justice1986
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
#8kupo1705Posted 5/17/2013 2:05:20 AM
Because it's really expensive to release games on PSN/XLive, and they might not even sell well.
#9BaseChouGoku(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 3:24:16 AM
kupo1705 posted...
Because it's really expensive to release games on PSN/XLive, and they might not even sell well.

Oh cmon....some of the crappiest looking lowest budget indie games are on XBLA...
#10Evel138Posted 5/17/2013 3:42:31 AM
BaseChouGoku posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Oh cmon....some of the crappiest looking lowest budget indie games are on XBLA...

I think you're talking about community games. Though technically under an indie liable on the marketplace, these games are not necessarily made by what we would think of as an indie developer, but often times a single person in their basement. (Though there are some decent community games)

One great looking indie coming up is State of Decay, June I think.

SONY does retail exclusives better, but hands down MS has given a lot more love to indie devs and these types of titles on XBLA.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://fav.me/d5g9oo0