This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to back up data on PS+ on a second profile on the PS3

#1indie_animatorPosted 5/16/2013 9:53:20 PM
I'm relieved to have the data on the games I went back through post-YLOD saved on PS+.

Except a bit on a second profile. It won't let me currently. Strange because it is the same PS3. The other profile is my name, while the main one is my brother's.

I searched topics & might have a solution: create a new PSN ID using the second profile.

Some games like Scott Pilgrim require a second profile to play 2-player offline.

Figured I'd see how anyone else has dealt w/this. Thanks!
---
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:4)
#2indie_animator(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 6:50:17 AM
I don't usually bump a topic, but due to wanting to pull this off this weekend, I will.

I can easily see why the topic didn't get a response due to the title not being interesting or "fun" as many. Yeah, this is just a technical issue. Gracias.
---
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:4)
#3darkshadowmasterPosted 5/17/2013 7:31:35 AM(edited)
Misunderstood, didn't notice you were talking PS+.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#4RyuuHou25Posted 5/17/2013 7:29:47 AM
indie_animator posted...
I'm relieved to have the data on the games I went back through post-YLOD saved on PS+.

Except a bit on a second profile. It won't let me currently. Strange because it is the same PS3. The other profile is my name, while the main one is my brother's.

I searched topics & might have a solution: create a new PSN ID using the second profile.

Some games like Scott Pilgrim require a second profile to play 2-player offline.

Figured I'd see how anyone else has dealt w/this. Thanks!

This makes no sense. Are you talking about a sub account you had on the same PS3? Because you know the cloud saving feature only works on the Master account, it does not work on sub accounts.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#5blitz-boy11Posted 5/17/2013 9:15:23 AM
Only the account that has PS+ can back up their save data to the cloud
---
PSN: Hiroshima711
#6indie_animator(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 3:58:12 PM
Thanks for the replies. Guess I just won't back up what's on the sub account since there's no way to copy data to the main one.

Have a good weekend.
---