This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst franchise of this gen?

#1EmiliaTheSagePosted 5/17/2013 6:16:13 AM
I know the best franchises are Uncharted, Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect from other threads. So I would like to know what is the worst?
---
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."
#2Godly_GoofPosted 5/17/2013 6:17:33 AM
Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Mass Effect.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#3ScreamingMidgetPosted 5/17/2013 6:17:36 AM
CoD
#4CojiroseanPosted 5/17/2013 6:18:22 AM
Godly_Goof posted...

---
Blog that I write for, support it if you like what you see:
http://illegibleother.blogspot.com.au/
#5gamestop27Posted 5/17/2013 6:21:28 AM
Most AAA games.
---
The one weakness of any protagonist or hero-like character is a Cut Scene.~ KaiserNeko
#6kratosdakota3Posted 5/17/2013 6:36:59 AM
As much as I hate jumping on the bandwagon, Call of Duty degraded significantly. Call of Duty 2 was fantastic. CoD 3 was kind of meh. CoD 4 was amazing. We can all admit that. It really did a lot for shooters as we know them. MW 2 seemed great, although it isn't. MW 3 is a laughable title. Black Ops 1 and 2 are alright. I just can't get past the terrible connection speed and lack of innovation since CoD 4.

I'll stick to BattleField for my shooting desires.
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpqwn2IQxA1qi1j4n.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgdiugEkLk1qbxgyvo1_500.gif
#7este914Posted 5/17/2013 6:37:24 AM
Cojirosean posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.
#8FiendEmperorPosted 5/17/2013 6:46:47 AM
Maybe CoD, but not because of the games themselves. Mainly because of the player base. Most of them are actually alright, but the ones that aren't ruin the entire thing.
#9NewbiusPosted 5/17/2013 6:57:44 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
CoD
#10JahkeemyorkPosted 5/17/2013 7:01:45 AM
este914 posted...
Cojirosean posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

Why Mass Effect just because it had a bad ending doesn't make it the worst franchise this gen. It definitely was a huge change and it's still one of the only games this gen that made a world as believable as ME. I havne't played through all of 3 yet but I love the experience.

Assassin's Creed started off as an interesting idea but yeah it killed itself it never evolved. It TRIES to evolve but after ACII it just can't change much again. ACII was kind of perfection but instead of letting it die down they did a yearly release and somehow made each game even worst then the last. So yeah AC is bad.

Uncharted, played all 3 outside of cinematic cutscenes it really is just another TPS that's nothing special. It just won't stop the story is not connected which allows others to jump in at anytime but it also just makes me feel so disconnected.