This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Better story-based game series: MGS or Yakuza?

#11Mutant1988Posted 5/18/2013 3:52:11 AM
Yakuza.

Simply because the plot of those games are set in motion by characters with actual motivations rather than being caused by a secret conspiracy's attempt to control the world.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#12pb409Posted 5/18/2013 3:55:06 AM
I'm a huge MGS fan but I gotta go with Yakuza on this. MGS has become so convoluted in the story with some parts just plain ridiculous that I no longer find the story to be of any consequence (still awesome gameplay though). Yakuza, however, has had good story in every single installment. I just wish Y5 would get localized here cause I heard 5 has the best story out of the series.
#13bloodcoastPosted 5/18/2013 4:32:33 AM
Yakuza. MGS series has good story overall, but the process to reach there can be quite dire with the long cutscenes and very imaginative things. When I play through it, I have to take breaks to digest the information and just have a break from it. For Yakuza, the overall story is not as amazing as MGS', but I always played to look forward to what will happen next. There are many moments when I felt moved from the main story as well as side quests.
#14Brocken_JrPosted 5/18/2013 4:51:24 AM
yakuza. it has no nano machines. i think part 4 of mgs f***ed up the story entirely with this nano machine bull****
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8FtBf6VAWM
Heavy Rain X Yakuza Black Panther 2
#15ISquat600lbsPosted 5/18/2013 5:40:24 AM
I rate MGS 1-4 highly but Peace Walker was average and Rising has a garbage story. Yakuza 1-4 had really good stories but can't comment on the rest as I never played Dead Souls because everyone said it sucked and the rest never made it out of Japan.

I'm going with MGS, but Yakuza 5 could well be much better than MGS V if they make that one with a story on Peace Walker's level.
---
Most of the time I'm riding bicycles and on a lot of Colombian marching powder and coffee, forgive me if I act like an #%$hole. Or not, IDC.