This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is Kingdom Hearts really that great?

#1MMAKSXPosted 5/18/2013 7:05:06 PM
I hear a lot of good things, Im usually not a JRPG kinda guy but it seems more action oriented, what makes it great?
#2lambchipsPosted 5/18/2013 7:08:26 PM
the lolis
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#3DarknessXSeekerPosted 5/18/2013 7:10:46 PM
Yes, it is a really good series don't listen to any of these trolls on here that have nothing better to do then bash a popular series.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#4Sand_FlarePosted 5/18/2013 7:11:33 PM
The first game, yes.

After that it all gets kind of screwy.
---
http://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/022/401/85/N000/000/000/131012177682913204274.gif
#5WRRYYYYersPosted 5/18/2013 7:12:14 PM(edited)
DarknessXSeeker posted...
Yes, it is a really good series don't listen to any of these trolls on here that have nothing better to do then bash a popular series.

I remember when having a different opinion than someone wasn't called trolling and simply called having a different opinion.

That being said, it's a decent series but I find the gameplay shallow and boring. It's more about the different characters for me.
#6SonicNashPosted 5/18/2013 7:12:11 PM
RPG made for casual children who want to play with their favorite Disney friends.

Surprised its not Nintendo exclusive.
#7DevilTears604Posted 5/18/2013 7:12:28 PM
Sand_Flare posted...
The first game, yes.

After that it all gets kind of screwy.

You think? I MUCH prefer KH2 over 1.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#8DarknessXSeekerPosted 5/18/2013 7:13:53 PM
WRRYYYYers posted...
DarknessXSeeker posted...

I remember when having a different opinion than someone wasn't called trolling and simply called having a different opinion.

That being said, it's a decent series but I find the gameplay shallow and boring. It's more about the different characters for me.

Yes, it's fine to have an opinion. If you say that you don't like the game that's fine. But like I always say, there is a difference in having an opinion and being a troll. If you don't like a game that's fine, but I hate when people state that not only do they not like the game but that it's terrible and no one should play it, which I find quite stupid.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#9Merc123Posted 5/18/2013 7:14:49 PM
I like Final Fantasy and Square....i also like Disney, seems like a good match to me.
#10MARl0Posted 5/18/2013 7:20:01 PM(edited)
KH 1 and 2 are both decent games. They do have gameplay issues though. Like a screwy camera and kind of clunky controls. The story was great in the first game, but every game after that pretty much ruined it. It has become a convoluted mess of a story that is spread too thin across too many platforms. The first game was great because it kept it fairly simple, but still kept a good balance of complexity to the narrative. To see a series with Disney characters tied to it become such a convoluted mess is honestly pretty shocking. Both in that Disney actually allowed it, and that the game's own director actually thought it was a good idea in the first place.
---
Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) / Pandora's Tower (Wii)