This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A great reason why people should welcome microtransactions

#1TheRatedR_ViperPosted 5/18/2013 11:38:43 PM
Near the end of Metro:: Last Light I literally ran out of oxygen filters for the gas mask. I ended up needing to abuse a glitch to make a 1 minute filter last through a few checkpoints to restock to something reasonable. In that one moment , I desperately wished that I could just buy 5 minutes worth of oxygen for like $3. I was at an impasse and literally could not progress until I found about a glitch.

I was playing heavily stealthy and couldn't loot many people either which hurt me. Maybe I got careless too and forgot to remove it during underground levels. Maybe the game originally shouldn't be broken like that. I don't know , but I do know that microtransactions aren't as evil as the internet blindly claims they are.
---
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/member/RobKojder
Latest Reviews: Into Darkness, The Great Gatsby,
#2mogar002Posted 5/18/2013 11:40:29 PM
Where's the great reason?
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#3BeknessPosted 5/18/2013 11:40:29 PM
I got to disagree Rob, you're clearly not hardcore enough. Haha jokes :P

Did you finish it?
---
Whisper things into my brain
Assuring me that I'm insane
#4diebuster2Posted 5/18/2013 11:41:36 PM
Nope. Nada, no --- did I say never? yep well never.
---
I play games to be entertained. Some people choose to play games to be disappointed, so they can let everyone on the Internet know about it. Their loss.
#5TheRatedR_Viper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 11:42:56 PM
I got to disagree Rob, you're clearly not hardcore enough. Haha jokes :P

Did you finish it?

yep, great game too aside from the hilariously unaware AI when you're sneaking
---
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/member/RobKojder
Latest Reviews: Into Darkness, The Great Gatsby,
#6daemon_danPosted 5/18/2013 11:44:44 PM
Microtransactions are an acceptable money making tool IF the things they sell will not make it easier for you to win, beat another player, or be basically essential for advancement
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#7BeknessPosted 5/18/2013 11:44:56 PM
Nice, gonna pick this up soon hopefully. :3

What you gonna play now?
---
#8king_maddenPosted 5/18/2013 11:45:42 PM
microtransactions are pretty great. especially since they are optional and you dont HAVE to touch any of them to enjoy the game.

one thing I hate about this gen, gamers hate options now days, they want every single thing available exactly the way they want them to be available.
#9daemon_danPosted 5/18/2013 11:45:49 PM
You gonna try playing it on PC? Gonna need to keep dem settings low. Ridiculously demanding game.
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#10BeknessPosted 5/18/2013 11:46:55 PM
Yeah because my PC sucks lawl

But Steam for sure, unless I get my consoles in my room sometime soon.
---