This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A great reason why people should welcome microtransactions

#71yoshi006Posted 5/19/2013 4:06:35 PM
Alltra posted...

I don't want to have to buy something in order to use it. I want all the content accessible through normal game play, with the option to buy it if I don't feel like putting forth the effort to get it, and without making things ridiculously time consuming or hard to acquire in order to "Encourage" players to buy stuff off the shop.

Thank you for taking the time to write what I was too lazy to type. :p This is exactly why I prefer microtransactions to be 100% in-game content. I want to know that I'm buying a complete game, and I want to know that I will never have to use a microtransaction to get everything.
---
Good gameplay can easily salvage a bad story.
Good story can never save bad gameplay.
#72majin nemesisPosted 5/19/2013 4:11:48 PM
king_madden posted...
majin nemesis posted...
king_madden posted...
ahh i get it now, its one of those "im going to respond to things you didnt even say" arguments.

carry on.

just one more question

if the DLC content is always meant to be DLC and if lots of time it's already on disc meaning they obviously had enough time to make it and enough space on the disc to put it then why was that content chosen to be DLC?

im not sure if you write, or ever drew a comic or anything like that. But often times when you read/write a story you can think of things that couldve been added to make it better, or just something that wouldve been neat to see. they arent things that are essential to the overall story, but extra. if you write a story, create a world and then after the fact think of random things that some might like, there is no reason why you should just throw it all in for free. its like getting paid just to cut the grass, sure you could throw in hedge trimming, weed pulling and waste removal, but why not charge extra if you're doing extra work?

@spartanaltair......im not even sure HOW you came up with that.

so all those extra characters in Street Fighter X Tekken for example were not essential and just something that would be neat to see and no you don't charge extra for things that are essentially what you are already being paid to do
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#73king_maddenPosted 5/19/2013 4:23:49 PM
majin nemesis posted...
king_madden posted...
majin nemesis posted...
king_madden posted...
ahh i get it now, its one of those "im going to respond to things you didnt even say" arguments.

carry on.

just one more question

if the DLC content is always meant to be DLC and if lots of time it's already on disc meaning they obviously had enough time to make it and enough space on the disc to put it then why was that content chosen to be DLC?

im not sure if you write, or ever drew a comic or anything like that. But often times when you read/write a story you can think of things that couldve been added to make it better, or just something that wouldve been neat to see. they arent things that are essential to the overall story, but extra. if you write a story, create a world and then after the fact think of random things that some might like, there is no reason why you should just throw it all in for free. its like getting paid just to cut the grass, sure you could throw in hedge trimming, weed pulling and waste removal, but why not charge extra if you're doing extra work?

@spartanaltair......im not even sure HOW you came up with that.

so all those extra characters in Street Fighter X Tekken for example were not essential and just something that would be neat to see and no you don't charge extra for things that are essentially what you are already being paid to do

again you are paid to make a game, and its up to the dev to decide what the game is. anything extra is up to them and their budget for it, since they have a seperate dlc budget. there are a number of ps2 games, that you now view as complete games, I just think its odd that if those games wouldve had the ability to get dlc then all of a sudden you would call them incomplete.

and no, all those characters werent essential. if they wouldve released the game without those characters, the game still wouldve sold just as much.

the devs are paid to "make a game". if you got rid of dlc from every 360 and ps3 game, all of you would be sitting here saying they are complete and full games. side missions, bonus characters, and extra weapons arent essential.

its like most things out there in retail, you have your base model and if you want more you pay more. they didnt yank it out of the base model, it was never there, just added afterwards.
#74majin nemesisPosted 5/19/2013 4:38:50 PM
king_madden posted...
again you are paid to make a game, and its up to the dev to decide what the game is. anything extra is up to them and their budget for it, since they have a seperate dlc budget. there are a number of ps2 games, that you now view as complete games, I just think its odd that if those games wouldve had the ability to get dlc then all of a sudden you would call them incomplete.

and no, all those characters werent essential. if they wouldve released the game without those characters, the game still wouldve sold just as much.

the devs are paid to "make a game". if you got rid of dlc from every 360 and ps3 game, all of you would be sitting here saying they are complete and full games. side missions, bonus characters, and extra weapons arent essential.

its like most things out there in retail, you have your base model and if you want more you pay more. they didnt yank it out of the base model, it was never there, just added afterwards.

that's why FFXIII is loved because it only has the essential and you are basically on Denial and some games from PS2 and PS1 were incomplete due to lack of time and they probably would be completed if they had the ability to get DLC but we can't use that argument on PS3 games that have complete DLC inside the disc when they are released which means that they had enough time to complete the game
again you are on Denial
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
#75TheHateIsStrongPosted 5/19/2013 4:43:34 PM
Lol that's not maxing. Max means every setting in the game turned up to max. You're playing it at pretty high settings with likely 20-35 FPS. 40 at highest. Maybe.

Except there is no higher setting for me, so it's Max. And I knew this would be your remark, since you're boasting that you have a pretty kick ass PC, except i'm playing the game with all the bells and whistles, and you don't seem to be.

What I don't get is if you're playing at 1920x1080 or above, why bother with jacking up the anti aliasing.

SSAO is more than anti aliasing
---
An Opinion.
Not a name. Not a face. Not a friend
#76zyrax2301Posted 5/19/2013 4:46:00 PM
Nope. Buy to win isn't cool.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#77king_maddenPosted 5/19/2013 4:47:24 PM
again, you arent hearing what im saying.

Ill say it again for the last time and im done. they draw up and begin development for a game, a complete game from beginning to end. Then they start making dlc, my only point is dlc isnt removed from the main game, it was never there to begin with. they make a story and then add to it.

do they have enough time to put it in? maybe, but its drawn up as dlc after they already have their full game idea in the works.

believe it or not, accept it or not, doesnt matter, we can argue til our computers die, one thing we all have to do is live with it. how we feel about it isnt going to change anything as far as dlc is concerned.
#78majin nemesisPosted 5/19/2013 4:55:29 PM
king_madden posted...
again, you arent hearing what im saying.

Ill say it again for the last time and im done. they draw up and begin development for a game, a complete game from beginning to end. Then they start making dlc, my only point is dlc isnt removed from the main game, it was never there to begin with. they make a story and then add to it.

do they have enough time to put it in? maybe, but its drawn up as dlc after they already have their full game idea in the works.

believe it or not, accept it or not, doesnt matter, we can argue til our computers die, one thing we all have to do is live with it. how we feel about it isnt going to change anything as far as dlc is concerned.

either you are too young or too naive to know how companies really work or maybe you're just in denial
---
#79boredofyouPosted 5/19/2013 4:56:22 PM
Ok, so I re-read the original post again and apparently, a great reason why people should welcome micro transactions is because TC felt they would help him during his pseudo-challenge run of a game.

I get that periodically folks might want to purchase a bit of easy mode (que aforementioned sword of douchebaggery) in their games. I don't really care one way or the other if micro transactions are in games but "a great reason" for micro transactions!?

C'mon.
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#80Pharsti01Posted 5/19/2013 4:59:58 PM
Yeahhh.... no.