This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video game series that you feel should die off

#251Maverickx25Posted 5/19/2013 10:32:23 PM
I think that all of the EA and 2K sports games need to die, and bring back the Street series.

Also, C.o.D should go away for awhile, and even though it pains me, Assassin's Creed as well.

It should be a rule that a company needs to either make two original IPs before going back to a sequel. And during those two original IPs, a smaller team should be crafting ideas about the sequels that will actually make them refreshing.
#252SuperrpgmanPosted 5/19/2013 10:34:23 PM
I don't think any series that I currently dislike needs to die perse. It just needs to try something different. The problem is that most publishers/developers are desperate for what they feel will be guaranteed economic success, and so they kinda go with what they feel works.
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#253RealTidesPosted 5/19/2013 10:56:25 PM
i think TS just put every series he could think off in his post
#254Chaos_MissilePosted 5/19/2013 11:50:08 PM
ATTACK__CAT posted...
^ on a serious note... persona should die.

Its taking valuable development time for REAL RPGs not aimed at 12 year olds with social problems.

dating sim rpg = painfully awful.

nocturne + DDS = masterpieces.

the irony being i LIKE alot of sim games (recettear, the guild, early anno games, Civ, tons of Civ ripoffs) but dating / school sim? really? the most mature and interesting RPG devs still going aiming at the 12-15 bracket? painful.

You...do realise that RPGs is general involve people with social problems:-
Eg.
Cloud is an emo. So is Squall. And Seifer.
Sephiroth is both an emo and has an Oedipus/Messiah Complex
Kefka is a lunatic and also has a Messiah complex
It's been a while, but I do recall Magus having issues of his own.
Characters in Tales games also have some social issues and stigma they're trying to get out of.
etc.

I challenge you: name ONE RPG with a story(meaning no Monster Hunter and the like) that does NOT have characters with social issues.

On topic, I'd say Mario, Zelda and probably Call of Duty.

Mario because it is seriously overstaying its welcome and the fact that Nintendo gets away with murder with milking the franchise.

* new Megaman game comes*
SO FORMULAIC/BORING/CLICHE/HATE!

*new Mario game comes out*
YES! BEST GAME EVER!

Zelda is kind the same. Again, Nintendo seems to get away with murder when it comes to being repetitive and formulaic.

*new Megaman game comes out*
So, you beat 8 bosses, go through 4 fortress stages, beat Wily/Sigma, rinse and repeat.
SO FORMULAIC/NEVER CHANGE/BORING/REPETITIVE!

*new Zelda game comes out*
Something happens to Zelda, Link is the magic chosen one of every universe, earn an awesome sword, gets typical bomerang, arrow, bomb, shield subweapons, beats the big bad, saves Zelda.
EPIC STORY AND GAMEPLAY HERE! ZELDA BEST GAME EVER!

Call of Duty...well...it seems that every reboot/remake of really good games wants to be an FPS, no doubt due to how much popularity CoD is making. Also, because Kotick.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#255Saintman32190(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 5:44:12 AM
bump
#256AmyUnleashedPosted 5/20/2013 6:49:52 AM
Battlefield
Fifa
Resident Evil
Call Of Duty
Gears Of War
Mario Kart
Dance Cental
& Every Kinect Game (The KInect should just die off in general)
#257Conan el BarbaroPosted 5/20/2013 12:19:52 PM
Pokemon
#258theofficefan99Posted 5/20/2013 12:34:46 PM
TheKnifeMonkey posted...
Final Fantasy......Nothing says I'm living off the only good series my development company has ever made like creating 14 titles of the same franchise.

Yeah in 26 years.

Derp.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#259janemba8888Posted 5/20/2013 7:27:14 PM
dancing_cactuar posted...
I don't care what people think, this entire topic is hilarious.

---
woosh
#260jayman1305Posted 5/21/2013 11:28:17 PM
Call of Duty, should face a firing squad and be executed.

So theyre going to let you use a cloacking outfit in Call of Duty Ghost. Big freaking deal! i bet the developers will claim it to be new or innovative gameplay!

Wrong! Its already been done before. Halo, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and
Alien Vs Predator just to name a few.

Call of Doody needs to be buried.
---
Posted using GameFlux