This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Genre Generalizations; Now, for games that aren't shooters!

#1Hawke0Posted 5/20/2013 4:09:32 PM
It's not uncommon to see many ignorant people talking about how shooters are all "linear stale lowest common denominator pewpewpew" games that are only played by 'dudebros' who are morally and intellectually inferior to them. So I wondered, what would happen if I applied their special brand of ignorance and stupidity to other genres?

JRPGs: Games for people with no reflexes, intelligence, or skill, that cater towards immature pre teens who love anime. To ensure none of the universally skill-less players quit, all that you need to do to clear a boss with ease is kill 100 of the weakest monsters.

RTS, MMO: Games meant for people with no social life at all who just spend all day playing games because their lives suck so much.

Hack n Slash: Games with no depth or skill for children who think playing a game with gratuitous violence makes them cool.

Stealth: For cowards who are terrified of confrontation and lack the ability to actually fight, so they just hide in shadows until stupid enemies turn their backs to them and then stab them in the back.

Survival horror: Games for people with no control of their basic instincts who are afraid of pixels.

Fighting games: Designed for people with no actual skill, but the ability to memorize button press sequences to get super mega fifty hit juggle combos, and think they're good because they can do that.

Just to clarify, I don't actually think any of this nonsense and like every genre except sports games. This was all meant as a parody of the stupid people I mentioned in the first paragraph. If anyone feels like continuing it with other genres in the comments below, be my guest.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#2VarronPosted 5/20/2013 4:10:57 PM
Have my children.
---
PSN: Snippuh
#3harcoreblazerPosted 5/20/2013 4:12:18 PM
GTA/Saints Row: For kids that think that going on a killing spree on a virtual city is cool.
-------
This is dumb.
---
Starting a flame war is easy, the hard part is ending it.
Official funyarinpa of the 999 boards.
#4PhaseSlaethePosted 5/20/2013 4:13:04 PM
The problem with some of your generalizations (and generalizations in general) is that you are focusing on a certain group of games in each category.

FPS generalizations are mostly focused on the MMS titles. The modern military shooters that are a dime a dozen and by the numbers.
#5Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 4:17:10 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
GTA/Saints Row: For kids that think that going on a killing spree on a virtual city is cool.
-------
This is dumb.

Exactly the point.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#6Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 4:25:36 PM
Varron posted...
Have my children.
B05S_Brennan posted...
Awkward level +35.
Awkward level is now 35

---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#7XMonkeySniperXPosted 5/20/2013 4:30:05 PM
NO, HAVE MY BABIES
---
PSN: MasamuneMonkey
"I'm the warrior of love and rage, Black Frost!"
#8daemon_danPosted 5/20/2013 4:36:37 PM
Yeah, I mean a LOT of FPS have become casualized corridor shooters unfortunately. But I see people regarding great FPS as dudebro games and it does make me facepalm. Then people regarding JRPGs as loli games. Ugh. Too much bull**** in general, man. Just let them all have their opinions and laugh at them when they can't enjoy games cause a bunch of people raped them with the opinion that it's bad.
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#9SolidKnightPosted 5/20/2013 5:05:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10YoshiMan123Posted 5/20/2013 5:28:10 PM
I just wanna f***.
---
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone."
PSN: YoshiMan123; GT: Vizxyn