This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is the problem most people have with modern Jrpgs.

#1Bayonetta_Posted 5/20/2013 5:47:35 PM
Modern Jrpgs...

Goal: You need an Omni Soul Armor.

First you must use Alchemy to synthesize 5+ Ruin Magnus's with Double down effect. But before that you must first gather 6 life cups, 10 needles and 2 Black Moon stones that you can get from a 20 million HP boss that has a negative 1% chance of drop. Mind you this is just for 1+ Ruin Magnus. Now once you have all 5+ Ruin M you must attach each one to a party member's weapon and use it in battle 300 times per characters.

Once all Ruin Magnus are powered up you must fuse it with a Death Eye item drop you get from a rare creature with a 100 million HP boss. Again this item has a 1% drop rate plus the boss is rare thus it has a 5% chance of appearing on screen.

Once fused All Ruin M and Death Eye you obtain that Omni Soul Armor which can only be powered up after you have beaten all 7 Devil dungeons.
#2ReyMilansteryoPosted 5/20/2013 5:48:00 PM
More of these topics?
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: Planetside 2, Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
#3RollingCradlePosted 5/20/2013 5:49:10 PM
TC hit the nail.
#4majin nemesisPosted 5/20/2013 5:55:11 PM(edited)
so?

and i don't think that is a modern thing
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#5NCPwnPosted 5/20/2013 5:58:14 PM
I tend to actually skip most crafting in JRPGS. I know it's there and you get elite items to make it easier, but I generally don't want to waste the time. I prefer just a gold based (buy your weapon) or find it in a chest approach.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#6PsychoWolfXPosted 5/20/2013 6:01:47 PM
I must be one of the few odd people who actually enjoy grinding for materials and crafting stronger/better items.

The only thing I dislike about modern JRPG's is the lack of turn based combat.
#7typicalrikPosted 5/20/2013 6:04:42 PM
Agreed...crafting in most rpg's is something i normally pass too, unless its really well done.

I never crafted a thing in Skyrim, and played that game for sooo many hours. Luckily in that game it wasnt absolutely mandatory to do to progress. Games where you have to do it to progress and its a horrible system annoys me.
#8SieKensouPosted 5/20/2013 6:06:01 PM
ReyMilansteryo posted...
More of these topics?

it's Bayonetta_
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#9AlltraPosted 5/20/2013 6:06:32 PM
That's certainly one issue.

I have no problem with the basic premise, but in your example they went overboard with it. Basically, the way I see it, Developers need to keep it simple instead of trying to make things overly complex and time consuming.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#10zinformantPosted 5/20/2013 6:08:03 PM
People are difficult to please. You in no way established how that's a problem. Don't craft the item?
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/