This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

post apocalyptic games

#1mcmo21Posted 5/22/2013 10:27:12 AM
as in with the abandon city similar to the last of us or fallout are there any other games like this on the ps3/360? or even going way back to the snes/genesis for example that game earthbound but imagine it with an abandon city? can anyone make a list of these post apocalyptic games if there is any.
#2Power TurtlePosted 5/22/2013 10:33:40 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Post-apocalyptic_video_games

theres a list lol. but really, you cant beat Fallout from my experiences.

Fallout. Metro. Darksiders. I Am Alive. there is a game called Wateland 2 that looks FANTASTIC coming out hopefully at the end of the year (its a throwback to Fallout 1 style rpg and that is amazing!) Uh.. i know there are others but dammit i cant think right now.
---
Freedom from the tyranny of Faith
May The Father of Understanding guide you to success.
#3Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 5/22/2013 10:37:05 AM
I hate post apocalyptic games. I find them too depressing to enjoy. And I don't mean just from a storyline stand point but also in regards to the scenery. Everything is just greys and browns and sooooo dull looking. It's just not a fun world to romp around in at all IMO.
#4GradyHooverPosted 5/22/2013 10:37:26 AM
Resistance games are all solid picks. Granted, Resistance 1 and 2 are somewhat mid-apocalypse, but Resistance 3 isn't just the best single-player FPS this gen - it's also set long after an apocalypse has killed 90% of humanity, and you must travel from Oklahoma to New York City, surviving and fighting.

Darksiders and Darksiders II immediately leap to mind. Lots of exploration of major cities about a hundred years after the apocalypse.

The Walking Dead, obviously, is after a recent apocalypse. Not very city-oriented, though.

House of the Dead III and IV also take place after a Zombie apocalypse. IV in particular has you wandering a city in the aftermath.

If you don't hate licensed games, there's Terminator: Salvation. It's a generic third-person cover-based shooter, but it functions well and I kinda liked it, plus it's a very quick play - like six hours to beat it.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#5Power TurtlePosted 5/22/2013 11:36:12 AM
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...
I hate post apocalyptic games. I find them too depressing to enjoy. And I don't mean just from a storyline stand point but also in regards to the scenery. Everything is just greys and browns and sooooo dull looking. It's just not a fun world to romp around in at all IMO.

Sure thats the case in some aspects but have you seen the vids for TLOU? Have you ever seen Darksiders? Beautiful games! Anf for games like Metro and Fallout, sure the scenery may be dull and colorless but there is so much life in those games its astounding. Well, Fallout more so than metro, but metro tells a damn great story and actually does a good job ad suspense.
---
Freedom from the tyranny of Faith
May The Father of Understanding guide you to success.
#6archizzyPosted 5/22/2013 11:44:44 AM

That's why I actually like Enslaved. The color palette reminded me more of the first Uncharted and much more jungle environments rather than an abandoned city of drab colors.

I usually don't care for post apocalyptic games but was able to enjoy that one.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#7rusty12000Posted 5/22/2013 11:52:08 AM
if you have a decent pc i recommend DayZ
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#8CollCrofterPosted 5/22/2013 11:53:21 AM
Rage?
#9dacekidPosted 5/22/2013 11:57:05 AM

I know what you mean mr hard pecks (what a username!). I feel the same way. Though like the other poster mentioned, there are some colorful ones.

I usually hate dull colored games in general. It's not really the post apocalyptic setting I don't like. We need more colorful games. Some people feel colorful games are childish...I don't understand that logic.
---
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25
#10VarronPosted 5/22/2013 12:04:07 PM
Borderlands pretty much is set in a post-apocolyptic world. Every person you meet in the game looks deformed and there's a lot of wasteland.
---
PSN: Snippuh