This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamestop and FFXIV Pre-Order Issue!

#1JanayBerryPosted 5/23/2013 4:20:06 PM
Last time, Gamestop had me put a minimum of $60 for "Final Fantasy XIV" to be paid in full. This was sometime last year.

Of course, with the now $40 minimum price tag, I used the other $20 to get a PS Network Card.

Here's the problem; when I asked about the pre-order bonus content, the rep told me that since the game been in their system for so long, they would not be able to issue the bonus content code.

This sucks, because now I'll have to consider cancelling and pre-order elsewhere...
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry
Anticipating the arrival of "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" on August 27th, 2013. {Excitement} {You can have this!}
#2Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 5/23/2013 4:52:03 PM
Cancel...and pre order elsewhere? I don't see the problem here.
#3antoinejonesPosted 5/23/2013 5:16:48 PM
JanayBerry posted...
Last time, Gamestop had me put a minimum of $60 for "Final Fantasy XIV" to be paid in full. This was sometime last year.

Of course, with the now $40 minimum price tag, I used the other $20 to get a PS Network Card.

Here's the problem; when I asked about the pre-order bonus content, the rep told me that since the game been in their system for so long, they would not be able to issue the bonus content code.

This sucks, because now I'll have to consider cancelling and pre-order elsewhere...

UMM BUT GAMESTOP SITE EVEN MENTIONED THE PRE ORDER BONUSES FOR PRE ORDER SO YOU DO GET IT FROM gs.. JUST UMM CANCEL AND RE PREORDER?

opps caps was on
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#4JanayBerry(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 6:13:41 PM
antoinejones posted...

UMM BUT GAMESTOP SITE EVEN MENTIONED THE PRE ORDER BONUSES FOR PRE ORDER SO YOU DO GET IT FROM gs.. JUST UMM CANCEL AND RE PREORDER?

opps caps was on

I saw it on the site, too. But since I also pre-ordered before the announcement, I miss out. I'll investigate cancelling and re-ordering.
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry
Anticipating the arrival of "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" on August 27th, 2013. {Excitement} {You can have this!}
#5WRRYYYYersPosted 5/23/2013 6:47:58 PM
Just ask them to print out a backup code. Trust me, it's possible. If that fails and they're that stupid they can cancel and re-preorder it.
#6Strippin HeatPosted 5/23/2013 6:53:27 PM
You can cancel and redo the pre-order, or just ask the manager on duty to print the backup code, like it said to do in our internal emails this morning that all managers should be reading.

Hell, if you have problems with them, I'll print you a code myself and PM it to you.
---
There = location. Their = possession. They're = "they are".
Then = time. Than = comparison.