This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best news ever for PS3 + MMORPG lovers

#11SpurnerPosted 5/23/2013 11:00:06 PM
TehAssasin posted...
P2P format should be destroyed.

Let the market decide...

In Thunderdome!

Two models enter, one model leaves...
---
Dammit, Lucas, enough with the changes already!
http://www.dailyfunlists.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/19184.jpg
#12kel25Posted 5/23/2013 11:18:28 PM
Enters expecting good news.

Leaves very disappointed.
#13TehAssasinPosted 5/23/2013 11:27:46 PM
Fiery101 posted...
TehAssasin posted...

It is on it's way out. WoW is the last real bastion. And they are bleeding subscriptions. All it takes is a few free to play games to take demand away.

WoW is just hanging on the fact that it's one of the oldest and largest MMO around with the blind Blizzard fanbase and friends who are still playing. Otherwise, I don't see the game surviving P2P model for any much longer or being really lucrative.
#14Alky88Posted 5/24/2013 12:01:01 AM
Fiery101 posted...
TehAssasin posted...

It is on it's way out. WoW is the last real bastion. And they are bleeding subscriptions. All it takes is a few free to play games to take demand away.

FFXI is still P2P, just saying.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#15badboyPosted 5/24/2013 12:02:25 AM
TehAssasin posted...
#16nuskooIPosted 5/24/2013 1:11:04 AM
elken posted...
Ladies and gentlemen the best MMORPG out there, FFXIV !!!

Saying "the best MMORPG" is like saying "the best diarrhea".

Unsure how anyone could ever like MMORPGs. Also, there has never been an MMO with good combat.
---
It opens doors. Doors to the pleasures of heaven or hell I do not care which.
Not a fan of the InteractiveMovieStation3. I like to play games, not movies.
#17howdyneighbor25Posted 5/24/2013 1:15:01 AM
Mmorpgs are easily the worst genre
---
A new man
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#18TehAssasinPosted 5/24/2013 5:41:23 AM
nuskooI posted...
elken posted...
Ladies and gentlemen the best MMORPG out there, FFXIV !!!

Saying "the best MMORPG" is like saying "the best diarrhea".

Unsure how anyone could ever like MMORPGs. Also, there has never been an MMO with good combat.

Few Korean MMO like Dragon Nest, Rusty Hearts and Dragon Saga are pretty good.
#19Cythe82992Posted 5/24/2013 5:59:17 AM
Honestly alot of you should take the time to look at the improvements made, its actually looking really good. And the fact that they completely rebuilt the game utilizing customer feedback i think is pretty admirable for a company thats otherwise been pretty ignorant to its fanbase. It comes with a free trial so if you dont like it dont subscribe the games only 39.99 amyways.
---
Playing: Persona 4 Golden, FFVII
PSN: Taylo819 (Currently awaiting the Crunchyroll Vita App)
#20Valkerion757Posted 5/24/2013 6:04:08 AM
Cythe82992 posted...
Honestly alot of you should take the time to look at the improvements made, its actually looking really good. And the fact that they completely rebuilt the game utilizing customer feedback i think is pretty admirable for a company thats otherwise been pretty ignorant to its fanbase. It comes with a free trial so if you dont like it dont subscribe the games only 39.99 amyways.

This.

The remade game has a completely new director and lead team. A few people who I dont know, actually have played MMOs before and know what they are doing. The fact they remade a whole game in 2 years, a whole MMO no less is nothing short of amazing.

And yes there is an open beta coming, and no you should not play it, because you said "i hope there is a demo" meaning right away that you should stay away from mmo's.

Either way, as someone whos been in the new version since the first alpha test, it really is massively better, and just straight up different. The graphic style may be the same (looks better though through engine enhancements) but the actual game is vastly different. And the "I cant pay" being called "its stupid that companies charge" needs to stop.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)