This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Hardcore Console Gamers Don't Want Much, Just the Impossible"

#151koalabear9000Posted 5/26/2013 3:23:21 AM
Still__Rippin posted...
DrEaM_420 posted...
So if I dont have the internet I shouldn't be able to buy games?

If you don't have the internet. Yes. That's exactly what l'm saying. Gaming is a premium hobby. It costs money. And oh look, you have the internet so have fun arguing your fake points with someone else.

So if I don't have WiFi nor I have internet access near my TV I shouldn't be able to play games? Nice logic there pal.
#152thisranksPosted 5/26/2013 3:28:02 AM
glory of power metal posted...
It seems like people in this topic are still missing the overall point of the article. The video game console as illustrated through the PS3 and 360 sales, is a horrible business. It's great that consoles have existed for so long, but times are changing, and if Microsoft or Sony are breaking even or losing money on these consoles, their only two options are to drastically change them to appeal to a larger market (as we're seeing now) or drop them completely (as we hopefully won't see).

So you aren't interested in a bunch of extraneous additional features, want to play great exclusive games made for gamers, and have access to indie games that aren't tied down to publishers they don't want or need with free online? There's never been a better time to build yourself a PC.

I don't want a gaming PC. I like the comfortable feeling i get with a console controller. All the PS4 needs is a web browser that functions like explorer and i'll be happy.
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, and Himari Noihara FTW
#153EspicaGF(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 1:29:25 AM
bump
#154Pharsti01Posted 5/28/2013 1:41:16 AM
So.... basically.... its impossible to have a console to play games?

Confused..... because thats all i want, do i mind if it does everything else? Hell no! But thats all extra, those are secondary features, in the end, a console should thrive on games.
#155angry_cowtipperPosted 5/28/2013 2:29:34 AM
thisranks posted...
glory of power metal posted...
It seems like people in this topic are still missing the overall point of the article. The video game console as illustrated through the PS3 and 360 sales, is a horrible business. It's great that consoles have existed for so long, but times are changing, and if Microsoft or Sony are breaking even or losing money on these consoles, their only two options are to drastically change them to appeal to a larger market (as we're seeing now) or drop them completely (as we hopefully won't see).

So you aren't interested in a bunch of extraneous additional features, want to play great exclusive games made for gamers, and have access to indie games that aren't tied down to publishers they don't want or need with free online? There's never been a better time to build yourself a PC.

I don't want a gaming PC. I like the comfortable feeling i get with a console controller. All the PS4 needs is a web browser that functions like explorer and i'll be happy.

My tower PC is in my livingroom hooked up to my PC. Oh, and I play all its games with a wireless 360 controller.
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Gears Judgement (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), ACIII: Liberation (VITA)
#156majin nemesisPosted 5/28/2013 2:38:57 AM
Pharsti01 posted...

Confused..... because thats all i want, do i mind if it does everything else? Hell no! But thats all extra, those are secondary features, in the end, a console should thrive on games.

yep apparently making video consoles to play games is not profitable so Microsoft's new strategy is to make video game consoles to watch TV
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#157BehaviorismPosted 5/28/2013 6:51:59 AM
majin nemesis posted...
Pharsti01 posted...

yep apparently making video consoles to play games is not profitable so Microsoft's new strategy is to make video game consoles to watch TV

It's the consumers' fault. Most of my gaming comes from PS2. The other part comes from PS3 and 3DS. Why can't people be like me and just want to play games? Because of them, we are getting consoles that's main focus is not games, as evident in TC's link of people not buying game-specific consoles.
---
Polaris, Psylocke, Jubilee, and Dazzler = My Harem
Anime girls? Yes!
#158DevilTears604Posted 5/28/2013 10:16:39 AM
I wonder how many posters on this board think that every other gamer in the world thinks exactly like them and wants the exact same things they do.

I work with a guy who's a big Xbox guy, and he's psyched as hell about the Xbox One. He can't wait for it to come out.

Every piece of data and evidence shows that the number of guys like him FAR outweigh the number of guys like you. This ain't a charity event.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#159sharinguyPosted 5/28/2013 10:24:14 AM(edited)
SuigintouEV posted...
i have a hard time believing people who say that PC doesn't have games/genres that interest them considering that the majority of both the 360 and ps3 library is on PC

I would need to drop $1000 on a PC to collect dust.

Dude where did you get that price? I just finished building my PC which has a stronger GPU,CPU and double the ram than the xbone and PS4, it also supports dual/triple monitors, dedicated online servers, I can use it for work, school and random software development and has plenty of flashy lights for the price of 700 USD. If you are paying 1000 dollars for a PC you are getting ripped off big time.
---
PSN: Dorman_777
Pokemon Black FC: 5414-9379-0757
#160evecharmevePosted 5/28/2013 12:36:19 PM
It's Impossible to "compete" in a market where you make this big expensive console for just playing games.

Good thing PS4 has nothing to compete with anymore.
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.