This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My thoughts on Resident Evil Revelations

#1TheRatedR_ViperPosted 5/25/2013 12:53:10 AM
I definitely see why people enjoy it more than 6. Personally I actually don't but I really enjoyed the throwback to the design of classic RE. What I didn't understand is why it just goes full blown action by like Chapter 6. The ship setting was really atmospheric though and honestly one of the better settings. Story was absolutely stupid but eh, it's also a throwaway prequel too. One thing that got annoying though regardless of it was trying to be survival horror or not was a certain boss constantly chasing you after you initially kill it. There were times it was just teleport to rooms I went in. mid-chase. It felt lazy because the thing chasing you isn't as mythical or interesting as Nemesis or even Ustanak.

Overall the game is good though but more importantly I think it does prove that you can make a great Resident Evil game that successfully blends traditional heritage with cinematic flare. I mean, the last boss fight was really intense and I came down to the wire doing it with like no health left after minutes of fighting and whiffing with my RPG. Since I'm talking about combat now, I'll just briefly mention that the awkward dodge mechanic is confusing and broken. I usually dodged by mashing and whenever I did it was random. They really should have changed dodging to a button.

Basically , I thought the first half or so was a thrilling and atmospheric passionate throwback to the classic games while the second half was disjointed neo Resident Evil lite
---
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/member/RobKojder
Latest Reviews: Furious 6. Hangover 3
#2kalibre16Posted 5/25/2013 4:06:27 AM
I consider this game the greatest hits album of RE it has a little of everything from each RE

RE1 - Cheesy Dialogue, What is this, Jill, and mansion like setting, Hunters

RE2 - Storyline told through different perspectives, gun parts being found

RE3 - Nemesis like enemy, dodging, Jill

RE4 - Mainly the gameplay especially on the 3DS where they gave you a laser,

RE5 - The action sets with Chris and Quint, and Parker all felt like something out of RE5 especially near the end of it

RE6 - well this came out before so if anything RE6 copied Revelations but eh I'll still list some First off the Swimming of course not only did revelations do this first but they did it better, Multiple storylines again better, Morgan lansdale = Derek Simmons search your heart you know this to be true
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#3mogar002Posted 5/25/2013 6:39:23 AM
How do you enjoy the deadzone?
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#4TheRatedR_Viper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 4:23:56 PM
How do you enjoy the deadzone?

didn't notice it
---
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/member/RobKojder
Latest Reviews: Furious 6. Hangover 3
#5fhsfootball74Posted 5/25/2013 4:27:24 PM
Honestly its best played on the 3DS imo.
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#6RayconPosted 5/25/2013 4:31:10 PM
I disagree with your comment about the dodge mechanic. Especially on the final boss- a little practice made that fight effortless. At the very least, WAAAAAY more reliable than the one from RE3.

Though I suspect someone might come here just to say the same thing to me about RE3's dodge mechanic. RE:R's by contrast felt much more lenient.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja