This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So when is Fatal Frame 2 gonna be fixed?

#11WeLoveYouPosted 5/27/2013 1:51:13 AM
Play it on PS2. Fatal Frame is surprisingly one of those few games that still looks very good on a HDTV.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/RainyDusk
#12656stoogePosted 5/27/2013 2:05:06 AM
WeLoveYou posted...
Play it on PS2. Fatal Frame is surprisingly one of those few games that still looks very good on a HDTV.

Thanks to the use of pre-rendered backgrounds. no idea why games this gen don't use them. Games like REmake and Onimusha 2 still look amazing today thanks to this method.

Anyway, what's wrong with the PSN version? I got the remake on the Wii a while back, but the controls are a bit crappy and I wouldn't mind playing the original.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#13wigsplasherPosted 5/27/2013 5:41:19 AM
wigsplasher posted...
Why would they patch a PS2 game?

Because it doesn't work...

Since when do they patch PS2 games?
---
3D gaming is overrated
#14mogar002Posted 5/27/2013 8:43:54 AM
wigsplasher posted...
wigsplasher posted...

Since Persona 3 FES at the very least.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#15wigsplasherPosted 5/27/2013 8:50:36 AM
wigsplasher posted...
wigsplasher posted...

That's 1 game in a sea of "classics." You guys are deluded if you think this old game is going to get patched. They don't care about you.
---
3D gaming is overrated
#16mogar002Posted 5/27/2013 8:55:49 AM(edited)
wigsplasher posted...
wigsplasher posted...
wigsplasher posted...

That's 1 game in a sea of "classics." You guys are deluded if you think this old game is going to get patched. They don't care about you.

No it's one broken game in a sea of classics that work. They don't patch out problems in the original, only stuff that is caused by emulation. If they didn't care Fatal Frame 2 would'nt have been taken off of the store.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#17Jack_Ryder_2013Posted 5/28/2013 3:44:28 PM
Apparently it's not back up today pretty disappointing I wonder what's taking so long
#18riddlebox89Posted 5/28/2013 4:50:44 PM
wigsplasher posted...

Obvious uneducated troll post is obvious.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Known-Issue-Fatal-Frame-2-on-PSN/m-p/40386809#U40386809

They're already in the process of fixing it up, and why wouldn't they care about people who bought the game, had it not work then had to delete it while they wait for an updated fixed version that never comes? That's $10 people spent on something they put up there that didn't work, not fixing it or offering a refund to the people who bought it would most likely result in some sort of law suit or another.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#19ManinstagnatePosted 5/28/2013 5:07:05 PM
656stooge posted...
WeLoveYou posted...

Thanks to the use of pre-rendered backgrounds. no idea why games this gen don't use them. Games like REmake and Onimusha 2 still look amazing today thanks to this method.

Anyway, what's wrong with the PSN version? I got the remake on the Wii a while back, but the controls are a bit crappy and I wouldn't mind playing the original.

uhmmmm there is nothing in the Fatal Frame series that are prerendered except for cgi scenes. If it was it make going into First person impossible. Also I didn't know the second one was already on PSN. Seems like Tecmo/Sony wants to support the series in America unlike idiot Nintendo.
#20GunzleaderPosted 5/28/2013 5:51:41 PM
id like to get a wii u but after that fatal frame jp only bs. **** you nintendo.
---
you are not "official" anything of any board grow up. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012