This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you put Ni No Kuni up there as one of the best RPG's you've ever played?

#71MaplesGrandGMPosted 5/27/2013 5:05:08 AM
Not at all. It's fun enough, but there's something about it that just made me want to finish and put it down. That something was covered pretty well by just about every other post. It does get boring over time, and there's almost no desire to actually get that platinum. As once you beat the main game, you really want to just move on.

Having played games like Dark Cloud 1 and 2, Final Fantasy 1-10, any Dragon Quest, be it main series or Monsters, and so on. There's just no way Ni no Kuni even makes the list. I was excited about it too, but it majorly let me down.
#72meteor9898Posted 5/27/2013 5:32:49 AM(edited)
Its not even in my top ten. Or twenty.

Aside from Xenoblade and Trails in the Sky, there isn't anything from this gen in my top ten.
#73lyhthegreatPosted 5/27/2013 5:40:07 AM
no,it actually plays a little bit like pokemon for me...i have to say that i ve enjoyed it but it would not be on my best rpg list..
---
I lie i cheat i steal
#74DonomegaPosted 5/27/2013 5:41:20 AM
I enjoyed it, for the most part. But its not even close to the best RPGs I've played, and I've been importing since the PC Engine days lol
---
PSN: RobbieDaCool | XBL: RobDaCool
#75Shy420Posted 5/27/2013 6:20:25 AM
Mo, not even close. While Ni no Kuni looks fantastic and has some of the best animation the game is ultimately generic. There is nothing in this game that hasn't been done before and done better. That's not to say that it is a somewhat enjoyable romp but I felt as if I had to push myself to continue playing, it does get a bit boring after a while.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#76Spiroth_KweehhPosted 5/27/2013 6:24:58 AM
Shy420 posted...
Mo, not even close. While Ni no Kuni looks fantastic and has some of the best animation the game is ultimately generic. There is nothing in this game that hasn't been done before and done better. That's not to say that it is a somewhat enjoyable romp but I felt as if I had to push myself to continue playing, it does get a bit boring after a while.

Trying to decipher riddles in real-life books and translate stuff isn't something unique?
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#77grungastzenkiPosted 5/27/2013 6:27:09 AM
it's pain me to say this but this games is even more boring than some of the WRPG (not all of them because many WRPG is still by far much more boring )
#78beezer08Posted 5/27/2013 7:17:15 AM
This gen, yeah. Overall, no
---
PSN/Steam: beezer08
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/863332/tebowed_medium.gif
#79shinra35800Posted 5/27/2013 7:34:05 AM
no. it doesn't grasp any senses at all. no epic graphics, no epic soundtrack, and no epic fights.
#80PhaseSlaethePosted 5/28/2013 1:33:09 PM
God no.

The only reason I wanted the game was for the Ghibli involvement. Which was minimal and wasted.

The rest LOOKED good, but played like a disaster. DQ8 is everything NNK tried being, but much better.