This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a solid RPG to play!

#1rpederson14Posted 5/26/2013 7:17:06 PM
Sorry, I know it must seem like a topic like this comes up every hour or so, but please bear with me. As the title states, I am looking for a solid RPG to sink my teeth into.. I've read a lot of RPGs that people suggest, but a lot of them are struggling to catch on with me.. I am looking for a very story-centric game that has a great cast of characters and ideally a fun battle/leveling system.. If it helps, here are a few games I have played and really enjoyed and a few that haven't quite caught on with me

Enjoyed:
FF7-12 (13 was alright, but eh..), golden sun on the game boy, DA, rogue galaxy, ME series, elder scrolls series, chrono,
Not So Much:
The witcher 2 ( I really tried to enjoy it, but something wasn't clicking), persona, lost odyssey (wasn't a huge fan of the story), ni no kuni, demons souls

Any suggestions?
#2fhsfootball74Posted 5/26/2013 7:18:38 PM
If you like the Elder Scrolls series, check out Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Hell try Fallout 1&2 they are vastly different but are amazing nonetheless
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#3rpederson14(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 7:22:21 PM
I should have mentioned fallout, my apologies! I also really enjoyed both fallout 3 and new Vegas, but perhaps I will check out the first two
#4fhsfootball74Posted 5/26/2013 7:23:42 PM
You don't have a DS or 3DS do you? Some amazing rpgs there as well.
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#5rpederson14(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 7:27:52 PM
I unfortunately do not! I am really interested in fire emblem, but at the moment buying a 3ds isnt an option
#6fallen_acolytePosted 5/26/2013 7:30:10 PM
wait for ffx -ffx-2 remake ... IMO ffx is the best RPG of its time.

Try skyrim. Its better for PC due to mods, but generally still an amazing game.

Tales of graces F - Story lacks, but fun battle system

Resonance of fate... -- Fun battle system. Lacking story

Dragon age orgins is really amazing... _ god like story and fun gameplay if you are into it.

Dragon age 2... is fun aswell but lacks comapred to the first one IMO

Star ocean is ok if you can get past the main characters self loathing personality
#7rpederson14(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 7:33:08 PM
I have to agree with you 100 percent on FFX being my favorite game ever made, but I will check out a few of those titles! I have skyrim already, but perhaps it is worth repurchasing on the pc for the mods?
#8rpederson14(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 7:41:24 PM
I also loved dragon age origins and DA2, and am really excited for the third game to come out!
#9Nirvanas_NoxPosted 5/26/2013 7:41:47 PM
rpederson14 posted...
I have to agree with you 100 percent on FFX being my favorite game ever made, but I will check out a few of those titles! I have skyrim already, but perhaps it is worth repurchasing on the pc for the mods?

yes it is worth buying for the pc for the mods =D
---
The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all
#10Still__RippinPosted 5/26/2013 7:43:28 PM
This should be all you need

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/949630-sacred-2-fallen-angel/reviews/review-153724
---
I'll work the register, you just get them fries right.
I don't trust America, after watching Zeitgeist.
- Lupe Fiasco