This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

VG Leaks says FF Versus XIII is cancelled and now a PS4 exclusive

#1XFactor1Posted 5/27/2013 5:04:16 AM(edited)
Sony is helping co-develop it. It will be renamed FF XV instead.

http://www.vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-xv-will-be-exclusive-on-ps4/

I guess that is why there are 3 Lightning games and no signs of Versus.
---
--
#2doraemonllh1989Posted 5/27/2013 5:05:12 AM
lol poor ps3 gamer gonna butthurt this time
---
I like good games
#3MaplesGrandGMPosted 5/27/2013 5:07:20 AM
No, there are 3 Lightning games, cause SE is stupid. They couldn't accept that it had failed, and wanted to succeed with this series, yet they only made it worse, over and over. Thus they had to put off Versus, and in turn, many other games to work on a failure project. The games basically only sell by name, not content.
#4Godly_GoofPosted 5/27/2013 5:09:06 AM
MaplesGrandGM posted...
No, there are 3 Lightning games, cause SE is stupid. They couldn't accept that it had failed, and wanted to succeed with this series, yet they only made it worse, over and over. Thus they had to put off Versus, and in turn, many other games to work on a failure project. The games basically only sell by name, not content.

It failed? Is that why FF13 sold more copies than every other FF game and why Lightning was voted one of the best characters of all time in Japan?

Sorry but no you sir are wrong lol.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#5XFactor1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 5:12:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6RollingCradlePosted 5/27/2013 5:11:51 AM
People know what to expect from an FF game is why they sell.
#7JahkeemyorkPosted 5/27/2013 5:11:52 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
MaplesGrandGM posted...

It failed? Is that why FF13 sold more copies than every other FF game and why Lightning was voted one of the best characters of all time in Japan?

Because Japan was hyped for a next gen 13, notice how 13-2 is the worst selling Final Fantasy's of all time? Even worst then X-2
#8XFactor1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 5:14:24 AM(edited)
13 didn't outsell VII, VIII, X, XII or IX.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=final+fantasy&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Even in North America it would be the 6th highest selling FF game.
---
-
#9KabtheMentatPosted 5/27/2013 5:13:19 AM
MaplesGrandGM posted...

Being the best character in Japan honestly doesn't mean much. Japanese have pretty awful tastes with just about anything regarding video games.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Hey whassup, it's ya boy Cowboy, AKA Too Young...to be havin' diabetes.
#10Sputnick99Posted 5/27/2013 5:14:58 AM
This isn't that much of a surprise. I used to be a FF fan back in the day, but I can't stand Squeenix lately. They're all business and don't give a s*** about their fans. At least Squaresoft was pretty respectable.