This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think Saints Row 4 made a bad decision by

#21professional gamerPosted 6/4/2013 10:08:10 AM
SuperLoco posted...
August 20 and September 17 are the same month.

---
PSN: Profess-Gamer
#22KorchukPosted 6/4/2013 10:18:51 AM
Can anyone explain why people are so hostile about GTA4? I thought it was the best entry since 3. I liked Vice City a lot, but thought GTA4 was the better game. I didn't care for San Andreas personally, even though some of the features were nice, like more airplanes.

Can't comment on Saint's Row either way.
#23TomoEK9Posted 6/4/2013 10:25:09 AM
Korchuk posted...
Can anyone explain why people are so hostile about GTA4? I thought it was the best entry since 3. I liked Vice City a lot, but thought GTA4 was the better game. I didn't care for San Andreas personally, even though some of the features were nice, like more airplanes.

Can't comment on Saint's Row either way.

The city had a lot less personality compared to the world of San Andreas or Vice City. It also felt smaller, San Andres was huge compared to GTA4. Liberty City in GTA4 may have had more detail and you can go into buildings, but the overall size of it was smaller.

Next they did away with options, you can't customize your cars like you could in SA, you can't make custom outfits or customize Niko's look.

You had less safehouses to store cars in, and had only 2 spots per safehouse to store your cars.

They went for realism which did away with some of the zany over the top satire the previous games were known for. Instead of rampages for a mini-game, you went on dates with your friends.

Overall, GTA4 had a great gameplay but the world itself was made smaller, and they took away a lot of the options that existed in the previous titles and replaced it with a highly detailed, but rather empty world.
#24carsaucePosted 6/4/2013 10:33:46 AM
That was not good LOL GTA 5 all the way, Saints Row 4 I shall get it when it's "used"
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#25king_maddenPosted 6/4/2013 10:51:55 AM
regardless of all the gta hate here, and saints row love, gta will still sell 4 to 5 times the amount of saints row.

im really expecting a decline in sales for saints row 4. they should still hit the million plus mark, but it looks like they are going towards a superhero game.
#26riddlebox89Posted 6/4/2013 10:55:00 AM
So what if it comes out the same month? People interested in GTA5 will buy GTA5, people interested in SR4 will buy SR4, people interested in both will buy both.

foxyReyoko posted...
Saint's Row is like a poor man's GTA with unnecessary mindless crap to set it apart

Uhuh sure...well except for the fact that Saints Row 2 and even the third (though I didn't like it as much as the second) was a hell of a lot more fun than GTA4 was.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#27Draconas_LyrrPosted 6/4/2013 10:59:19 AM
I'm getting Saints Row 4 over GTAV. I stopped caring for GTA after San Andreas, Saints Row is all the stuff I find fun in GTA without all the extra stuff that I don't.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#28RustleSmith2Posted 6/4/2013 11:09:56 AM(edited)
The SR series completely sucks ass. Just mindless boring garbage.
---
crap man is here, care to backup your argument of why the databook is correct with more than just poop comments crapsmith-Anema1986
#29king_maddenPosted 6/4/2013 11:11:17 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
So what if it comes out the same month? People interested in GTA5 will buy GTA5, people interested in SR4 will buy SR4, people interested in both will buy both.

foxyReyoko posted...
Saint's Row is like a poor man's GTA with unnecessary mindless crap to set it apart

Uhuh sure...well except for the fact that Saints Row 2 and even the third (though I didn't like it as much as the second) was a hell of a lot more fun than GTA4 was. IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, since the masses didnt feel that way.

fixd
#30Syko_DarksydePosted 6/4/2013 1:26:57 PM
I didn't like GTA IV but I did enjoy TLAD. Haven't played TBOGT, that' still in my back log. I heard it's better, is this true?
---
Remember, if you find yourself alone riding through green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium. And you're already dead.