This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy Fans...

#1FooFighters25Posted 6/8/2013 7:26:48 PM
I'm looking at getting into the older titles for the SNES, so I would like to know which titles are worth looking into, and if they are reasonably priced online. Also, if there is a better version of the game available on another console, that'd be nice to know as well. Wouldn't do me much good playing a game that hasn't aged very well.
---
wP/RawkHawk
PSN - rokkenwithdokken
#2Muv-LuvPosted 6/8/2013 7:32:31 PM
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection for PSP.
---
psnprofiles.com/Daggeraxe
#3656stoogePosted 6/8/2013 7:35:39 PM(edited)
Final Fantasy 3 for SNES is regarded as the best. It's actually FF 6 now, but back in the day it was called FF3.
Other than that, I don't think any of the others made it over from Japan.

The best versions of FF1,2 and 4 are the PSP versions. They have more content and improved graphics and translations.

FF3 SNES version can be bought from the Wii's virtual store.

The real FF3 (the Japanese version and not the SNES version I just recommended) is available on the DS, but I hate the graphic style so I've never bothered to play it much.

FF5 Advance, for the Gameboy Advance, is the best version of FFV. It was only released in JAP for the SNES, but I'm not sure if you can get it off the Wii's virtual store.

Also, look into getting Chrono Trigger for the SNES. The same version is also available on the Wii's store, and there's a DS version the features a few bit of aditional content and a re-worked script, but a lot of people prefer the original versions script better.
It was also made by Squaresoft and is often regarded as the best JRPG ever made.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#4JanayBerryPosted 6/8/2013 7:37:24 PM
Yeah, what "656stooge" said.
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry
Anticipating the release of "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" on August 27th, 2013. {Excitement!} {Can I have it?} {Yes, please!}
#5Taran_McDohlPosted 6/8/2013 10:49:34 PM
Final Fantasy 2 made it to the SNES. Its actually 4 but it was called 2 here in America.
So did FF Mystic Quest.
Chrono Trigger is amazing.
Also try Secret of Mana...a huge classic and Secret of Evermore.
---
In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...one Good and one Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera
#6TalesRevenantPosted 6/8/2013 10:56:53 PM
All you need to know is:

Play l-X. All of them are safe bets. If you want to start off with SNES, play lV or Vl. You can't go wrong by starting off with two of the best Final Fantasy's.

Everything after: Don't even bother.

Xll, give it a go, but check out videos on YouTube to see if it garners your interests.
---
Currently playing:
Parasite Eve, Metroid Other M, Link's Awakening, Shadow of the Collosus
#7digitalwill2000Posted 6/8/2013 11:10:28 PM
Muv-Luv posted...

what a pathetic telease. They released a 3d version...then released THIS. A testament to the laziness and ineptness of square enix
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#8qwertyMrJINXPosted 6/8/2013 11:43:40 PM
digitalwill2000 posted...
Muv-Luv posted...

what a pathetic telease. They released a 3d version...then released THIS. A testament to the laziness and ineptness of square enix

Some of us prefer the game how it was meant to be played.
And it wasn't lazy, they redid all the sprite-work and spell effects.

On topic, you should really check out Final Fantasy V. Very overlooked for whatever reason, but still great fun and the job system is pretty addictive. You should be able to find it on PSN, or GameBoy Advance.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#9656stoogePosted 6/9/2013 12:17:48 AM(edited)
digitalwill2000 posted...
Muv-Luv posted...

The PSP version looks a thousand times better.

PSP:

http://legendsoflocalization.com/media/final-fantasy-iv/intro/psp_damn.png

DS:

http://faceplantreview.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/ff4-red-wings.jpg

---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#10-DEIMOSPosted 6/9/2013 12:09:58 AM
All of them.
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.