This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will sony give out a free game today like M$ gave out Fable 3 full game.

#21nb003_99Posted 6/22/2013 12:15:33 AM
Probably not, Microsoft has Fable series.
#22NovaKaneXPosted 6/22/2013 4:07:29 AM
rswsc0407 posted...
IMO PS+ is worth it JUST for the discounts. The "free" games are just a bonus.

Ditto.
---
"I don't care! I don't give a damn, about the memory of Hulk Hogan!" - Sid Justice
#23CammyApplePosted 6/22/2013 3:10:39 PM
sean2995 posted...
WingedRegent posted...
You'll need PS Plus anyway to play PS4 games online, so it'll wind up being the same as Xbox Gold for the most part.

ps+ is cheaper and has more perks than gold. it also isnt necessary for anything other than online multiplayer, so you get more functionality should you decide not to get ps+.

What is Gold used for on Xbox other than Online? Curious as I don't own a 360.

For all if not most of their online Features. You need Gold for Netflix and other streaming Apps. Even Youtube App you need gold to use it.

You get these Apps Free but you need Gold to beable to use.

You also need gold for party chat.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#24Deimos259Posted 6/22/2013 3:13:48 PM
WingedRegent posted...
You'll need PS Plus anyway to play PS4 games online, so it'll wind up being the same as Xbox Gold for the most part.

ps+ is cheaper and has more perks than gold. it also isnt necessary for anything other than online multiplayer, so you get more functionality should you decide not to get ps+.

You need to pay for services you are already paying for
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#25Captain BrainslidePosted 6/23/2013 5:08:34 AM
Not that it's especially relevant, but occasionally PSN gives out free games too that aren't tied to a PS+ account and will work forever too. A few months ago they gave out Wild Arms, Patapon, Pitoyama, and something else. Mostly PSP games but they work on Vita and Wild Arms works on the PS3 as well (and it made me happy just to hear that awesome music again).
#26Mad_CauliflowerPosted 6/23/2013 5:11:36 AM
its a good gesture
---
When the vegetable patch goes nuts....... i'll be there to sort 'em out.
#27smerf1Posted 6/23/2013 5:14:54 AM
xSoldier24x posted...
Dicer7 posted...
PS plus. MS is only giving it away to Gold members so they're the ones catching up. Sony's been doing this for a while.

Everyone has gold membership, you need that for online play.

I don't.
#28Bestia_SomniaPosted 6/23/2013 5:41:02 AM
smerf1 posted...
xSoldier24x posted...
Dicer7 posted...
PS plus. MS is only giving it away to Gold members so they're the ones catching up. Sony's been doing this for a while.

Everyone has gold membership, you need that for online play.

I don't.

I remember there being a survey that discovered that barely even half of the 360's userbase play online. The statistics are even less than that on PS3 because of the Blu-Ray player.
---
http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1554077/
#29UpyersPosted 6/23/2013 6:41:58 AM
sean2995 posted...
WingedRegent posted...

For all if not most of their online Features. You need Gold for Netflix and other streaming Apps. Even Youtube App you need gold to use it.

You get these Apps Free but you need Gold to beable to use.

o wow thats stpid glad i own nintendo & sony although the 360 doeshave 2 exclusives i want(Blue Dragon & Lost Oddessy) but IMO its not worth buying a system for just 2 games
---
PSN: Upyers My top 5 fave FFs: 7, 5, 9, 2, and 4
Reverb: reverbnation.com/kingblink