This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Atlus might be for sale soon.

#1Hercik1Posted 6/12/2013 7:19:35 AM
Index (Atlus) under criminal investigation for fraudulent accounting

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585466

How would you feel if Sony bought them assuming the investigations correct and index sells their assets?
#2SinfullyvannilaPosted 6/12/2013 7:24:52 AM
I would rather Namco-Bandai pick them up than Sony/Nintendo/MS.
---
WRPGs and JRPGs were never genres until Demon's Souls came out. Stop using the terms incorrectly.
#3iamtruthPosted 6/12/2013 7:30:46 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...

what so they could have a field day with dlc and pump very little money into the game? would love sony or nintendo to pick atlus up.
#4ryouma17Posted 6/12/2013 7:34:47 AM
persona 4 and the trauma series where their only good games, i couldnt care less if the company went under
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#5JurassicBondPosted 6/12/2013 7:37:44 AM
Given their huge focus on RPGs, which I care very little for, I wouldn't really care that much who picks them up.
---
Reading: Hyperion - Dan Simmons
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#6SinfullyvannilaPosted 6/12/2013 8:01:03 AM(edited)
iamtruth posted...

what so they could have a field day with dlc and pump very little money into the game? would love sony or nintendo to pick atlus up.

Last I checked, Nintendo and Sony both use DLC and Atlus never put a big budget in their games in the first place.

If Sony gets it, Etrian Odyssey would be dead, and that's by far my favorite ATLUS IP.

If Nintendo gets it, we may never see their games released outside of Japan.

I don't think that there is any satisfactory resolution, but Nintendo or Sony would be the worst.
---
WRPGs and JRPGs were never genres until Demon's Souls came out. Stop using the terms incorrectly.
#7KojaxFXPosted 6/12/2013 8:06:32 AM
Ill buy them
#8KenauePosted 6/12/2013 8:08:19 AM
iamtruth posted...

I'd be okay with that. What I wouldn't be oaky with would be Namco going "Derp, no Persona/SMT/"insert title" for you because we don't think it'll sell a billion copies."
---
Most Excited For: KINGDOM HEARTS III (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
PSN: Lord_CBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#9ZurrurPosted 6/12/2013 9:38:56 AM
Atlus might not be innocent, just look at how they treat us costumers
Even EA are saints compared to Atlus, im pretty sure Atlus is connected with this too
#10mtjormitchPosted 6/12/2013 10:37:56 AM
Zurrur posted...
Atlus might not be innocent, just look at how they treat us costumers
Even EA are saints compared to Atlus, im pretty sure Atlus is connected with this too

What are you even talking about? Maybe if your European but since you guys never buy any Atlus game there is no reason for them to release in an area with zero sales.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.