This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Atlus might be for sale soon.

#21SightoPosted 6/12/2013 12:28:36 PM
I'd be okay with Atlus vanishing.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#22ComfortablySadPosted 6/12/2013 12:39:04 PM
Hercik1 posted...
ComfortablySad posted...
The Engrish from the source Japanese link is pretty bad. Does Index own Atlus or Is Index Atlus' name in Japan? If it's the former I hope Sony picks up Atlus quick if they get sold off.

Index is atlus's parent company . So yes it's the former. Also atlus made a statement saying this will not effect games already announced but may affect games in development. Which I take to mean bad news for persona 5.

=-(
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#23IdTheDestroyerPosted 6/12/2013 12:52:17 PM
If I don't get Persona 5 because of this I'm gonna beat my wife.
---
XBL:IdTheDestroyer8 PSN:IdTheDestroyer
#24BlackSpiralPosted 6/12/2013 12:52:39 PM
Personally, I have enjoyed ATLUS and the fact they are willing to bring games that may not be big sellers state side. Persona is one of my favorite RPG series of all time as well.

This does not bode well, but I will take a wait and see approach. If they do get bought out or sold off, I could see Sony picking them up. Maybe even Nintendo. Maybe even someone else.

Time will tell...
---
My mind is like a steel trap, rusty and illegal in 37 states.
#25majin nemesisPosted 6/12/2013 1:10:38 PM(edited)
mogar002 posted...
P3P was terrible.

since the game is most likely not much different from Persona 3 FES then no also the fact that it has an extra MC to play and some different scenes makes it better then P3 FES

and someone should buy them and release more persona games in europe
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#26Hercik1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 4:55:06 AM
Seems like there's an update:

duckroll posted...
As the investigation continues, it seems that they've uncovered over 100 companies connected to this Index scandal. They are affiliate companies and business partners suspected of being part of the scheme to inflate the share price and accounts of Index via round tripping. The Securities and Exchange Surveillance Commission believes that Index has been carrying out this fraudulent scheme continuously and on a large scale for some time now.

Trading of Index shares have been suspended by the Osaka Stock Exchange since yesterday.

Well that sucks.
#27DeliFlatChestPosted 6/13/2013 4:57:26 AM
I hope Nintendo or someone who can publish games better than Atlus buys them
#28Bloodlines1191Posted 6/13/2013 6:16:15 AM
ryouma17 posted...
persona 4 and the trauma series where their only good games, i couldnt care less if the company went under

*facepalm* Really? REALLY?! What is are you? Another one of those Persona 3 and Persona 4 fanboys who think that they are the only good games in the Persona series? I bet you never heard of Shin Megami Tensei and Catherine. Nocturne was beast. I bet you were one of the few who didn't care about LucasArts and Radical's death.

I'll be damned of SMT and Dark Souls die.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#29Skull007o_OPosted 6/13/2013 6:26:07 AM
IdTheDestroyer posted...
If I don't get Persona 5 because of this I'm gonna beat my wife.
#30SinfullyvannilaPosted 6/13/2013 6:36:12 AM
DeliFlatChest posted...
I hope Nintendo or someone who can publish games better than Atlus buys them

Apparently, someone hasn't heard of Mother 3 or Xenoblade.

As I said before, Nintendo would be the worst, well, personally, Sony would be the worst for me.
---
WRPGs and JRPGs were never genres until Demon's Souls came out. Stop using the terms incorrectly.