This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ethernet question

#1psideresiderPosted 6/12/2013 11:25:45 AM
I currently have wireless, but want to switch back to wired for the ps3 since it was much faster at downloading. My question is: If I plug the Ethernet cable into the wireless modem and connect it to the ps3 and change settings to wired, is that all I have to do? I apologize for asking since I saw a few threads like this, but the are closed. Just wanted to make sure I'm doing it right since I'm in no way a tech savvy guy. Thanks for any help.
---
"Can't you see, there is only one me, and that me is me"-Faith No More
#2psideresider(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 11:46:13 AM
Any help?
---
#3psideresider(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 11:57:38 AM
Please?
---
#4ryouma17Posted 6/12/2013 12:13:09 PM
if your wired you shouldnt have to input your info like you do on wireless, though i cant be 100% since its been forever since i played my PS3 wired
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#5Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 6/12/2013 12:20:02 PM
psideresider posted...
Any help?

psideresider posted...
Please?

Wow, impatient much?

To answer your question - yes that's all you have to do. But bear in mind that your download speed isn't influence only by your LAN but also but Sony's network. So changing to wired may not necessarily give you the speed you're looking for.
#6psideresider(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 12:31:17 PM
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...
psideresider posted...
Any help?

psideresider posted...
Please?

Wow, impatient much?

To answer your question - yes that's all you have to do. But bear in mind that your download speed isn't influence only by your LAN but also but Sony's network. So changing to wired may not necessarily give you the speed you're looking for.

Was joking with the please, just didn't want the topic to get buried. Thanks for the reply. I used to have it wired and the speeds were much faster than they are now with wireless so hopefully it'll help. Thanks again.
---