This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

do you like story line and plot of games now days

#21lordofthenlpplePosted 6/14/2013 11:15:22 AM
They are all pretty subjective. So whats important is to allow the player the freedom to choose and decide the character and the story. Otherwise, you just end up making a game no one ever plays and become just another one of those studios that closes down.
---
Liu Ye the Magnificent
#22DotsAndLinesPosted 6/14/2013 11:34:59 AM
There are very few games that does NOT have a throw-away story.
---
WARNING: This post may contain OPINIONS. Opinions that may differ from yours. Do not read if you are unable to handle it with maturity.
#23KatonPosted 6/14/2013 11:38:54 AM
I would say that I generally enjoy the stories today's games tell, but they don't tend to stick with me as long as older games like pretty much all Final Fantasys before XIII, Chrono Trigger, Suikoden, and even the old Resident Evils, which were cheesy but still fun.
---
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)
#24rullosPosted 6/14/2013 2:21:08 PM
People wanting to play a game witha a mature and epic story written by japanese developers should definitely try out Infinite Space for the ds. It's got one of the best stories that I have played in recent memory.
#25superlativeformPosted 6/14/2013 2:31:14 PM
You know I do like plots, but I feel like the deeper stuff jumped ship on some of my favorite genres, I love JRPGs, but I just don't get that epic sense like in suikoden, FFT, Wild Arms, Grandia etc. anymore. Maybe I'm colored by Nostalgia, w/e I don't care, shut up. (/sarcasm)
There has been some good story telling like in Ni No Kuni or Valkyria Chronicles and from what I hear Nier. It's good, but it's not great. Then I started breaking out of my genre shell and playing stuff like Uncharted 2 or Bioshock and want to eat my hat in frustration at how much better the story telling is. I mean I listen to some of the dialogue in. like say ToGF, and I just weep inside.
---
Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here.
PSN: Contra_Croix
#26Sheria_KPosted 6/14/2013 2:48:03 PM
Only really with Japanese games anymore now, with exception of the Adventure genre but even that's not what it was in the 90's.
---
Currently Playing: Atelier Totori Plus, Atelier Ayesha and Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.