This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good bye, old friend...

#11FlyojumperPosted 6/16/2013 10:26:17 PM
Hmm, to not derail the topic but you have your numbers wrong: the 60gb hasn't even yet been out for 7 years. The 80gb not even 6.
---
After extensive lab research, it appears that sterility is indeed hereditary...
#12SpurnerPosted 6/16/2013 10:33:59 PM
If it could speak:

"I have been, and always shall be, your friend."
#13Thermador446Posted 6/16/2013 10:34:31 PM
I just couldn't part with my 80GB W/ 4 USB ports, I already had an original PS3 Slim as a present B4 it got ylod.

I got the same model refurbished. having a backup seemed like a better idea than getting rid of it at the time.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#14ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 10:58:50 PM
Thank you all for the kind words. The visitation shall be this Saturday. I've had many calls from friends and family members who have helped me through the grieving process. You ALL are invited, there will be puffy cheetos and nachos. As those were our favorite snacks.
---
Why Albert...why? ~Sincerely, a Cardinals fan...No loyalty at all from what could've been the greatest Card ever, Albert Pujols.-------PSN: ANDR0iD_v3
#15fate484Posted 6/16/2013 11:40:32 PM
my 60gb died after thanks giving really annoying I've transfered my memcards since PS1 finally getting it fixed tuesday didn't go for the slim since I wanted to keep backwards compatibility

taken me so long cause had to buy 48 christmas presents then I had no money for a long time then I got enough money our oven broke got enough money again the microwave broke got enough money again and our hot water heater broke then I was broke for awhile again cause hot water heaters are expensive finally got the money with nothing going wrong 2 fridays ago got the box in the mail friday but fed ex doesn't do residential pick ups saturday sunday or mondays so tuesday it is then proly 2 weeks and I'll finally get to play those 4 new games I got for christmas
#16darkness1018Posted 6/16/2013 11:42:55 PM
I too feel your pain. May it be in a better place.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
#17IHeartMetroidPosted 6/17/2013 3:09:45 AM
It's a damn shame that Sony encrypted the hard drive so you lose all your data if your system fries. I have a 60GB fully BC PS3 that got the YLOD on me, and unless I pay some guy to reflow it I'm gonna lose everything, too.

So sorry for your loss, TC.
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#18Suppaman234Posted 6/17/2013 4:16:08 AM
Sorry for your loss. There have been a lot of threads about The Last of Us killing Phat PS3s. The Last of Us needs to be stopped so I am therefore boycotting the game.

All this talk about Phat PS3s dying has me worried that the PS4 I pre-ordered will die quickly too.
#19ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 4:22:14 AM
i dont think it was The Last of Us, it ran fine on that. just old age i think, and yea I'm really irritated that i lost all my saves. and I'm pretty sure launch PS4's will be faulty like new 1st gen consoles always are
---
Why Albert...why? ~Sincerely, a Cardinals fan...No loyalty at all from what could've been the greatest Card ever, Albert Pujols.-------PSN: ANDR0iD_v3
#20suprsoliderPosted 6/17/2013 4:43:43 AM
Just get it repaired.

I refuse to get rid of my sexy 40 GB PS3.

It even says Playstaion 3 on it not the gay PS3. I liked the Spiderman font, the gloss black with touch sensitive buttons.

I am never getting rid of it, I will keep getting it fixed somehow (I do plan to buy the super slim PS3 as a back up just like I got a PS2 slim to replace my launch fatty PS2 incase that dies (it hasn't yet, still going strong, plays everything except for Roger Rabbit DVD (it quits when Jessica Rabbit takes to the stage. It can't handle the hotness of Jessica Rabbit)
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105