This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Last of Us is truly the game of the generation, probably ever.

#1jason19192Posted 6/16/2013 9:01:23 PM
Just finished the game and my god was that the best 15 hours of gaming in my life. I am lost for words at that beauty that Naughty Dog created.
#2nuskooIPosted 6/16/2013 9:04:07 PM
jason19192 posted...
Just finished the game and my god was that the best 15 hours of gaming in my life. I am lost for words at that beauty that Naughty Dog created.

LMFAO!

Play more games. Was The Last of Us the first game you have ever played in your life? The best game ever? LOL ! Isn't it an interactive movie / generic shooter? Uncharted of Us?

Game of the generation so far - Dark Souls. At least that is a game and requires tactics and thought. It isn't a braindead game.
---
DMC Dante DOES what DmC Donte DONTE
#3jason19192(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 9:06:06 PM
nuskooI posted...
jason19192 posted...

LMFAO!

Play more games. Was The Last of Us the first game you have ever played in your life? The best game ever? LOL ! Isn't it an interactive movie / generic shooter? Uncharted of Us?

Game of the generation so far - Dark Souls. At least that is a game and requires tactics and thought. It isn't a braindead game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI0RoJz7Tno
#4nuskooIPosted 6/16/2013 9:10:41 PM
jason19192 posted...
nuskooI posted...
jason19192 posted...

LMFAO!

LOL, no. The best comedy ever, Billy Madison cannot be used against me, not when you're defending a shallow scripted linear Uncharted of Us generic shooter game.

SHOOTING = SEW ORIJINAHL!

Zombies & post apocalyptic stuff = so original! Not like this entire gen isn't full of wannabe interactive movie generic shallow scripted linear games or anything.

Also, funny you try to insult me for liking a game you like. For best game ever, there sure isn't much praise / topics on this board for it. I think people are finally aware of being duped to overhyped games, and won't pounce on every shooter now. Must be shooter burnout.
---
#5jason19192(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 9:13:29 PM
nuskooI posted...
jason19192 posted...
nuskooI posted...
jason19192 posted...

LMFAO!

LOL, no. The best comedy ever, Billy Madison cannot be used against me, not when you're defending a shallow scripted linear Uncharted of Us generic shooter game.

SHOOTING = SEW ORIJINAHL!

Zombies & post apocalyptic stuff = so original! Not like this entire gen isn't full of wannabe interactive movie generic shallow scripted linear games or anything.

Also, funny you try to insult me for liking a game you like. For best game ever, there sure isn't much praise / topics on this board for it. I think people are finally aware of being duped to overhyped games, and won't pounce on every shooter now. Must be shooter burnout.

You haven't even played it, so why so butthurt? Btw it's nothing like Uncharted and the gameplay DESTROYS dark souls in every single way possible.
#6DevilTears604Posted 6/16/2013 9:16:12 PM
Both ya'll stop. Just agree to disagree and stop acting like your opinion is fact.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#7InkontrolPosted 6/16/2013 9:17:05 PM
I'm about 4 or 5 hours in and its been great but game of the generation, probably ever is an overstatement. Of course I'm ignoring the user you just quoted because he is the other extreme. He probably hasn't played it and calling it Uncharted of Us shows how little he knows about the game.

That being said I think the story is excellent. It may have one of the best stories of a game this generation (haven't finished it yet and I already feel that way). The intro segment alone has a better story than anything in the last few years.

Gameplay wise I can dig what ND is going for. IT IS NOT UNCHARTED. Trying to rambo through enemies will get you killed real quick. I'm actually surprised they didn't give you limited 'storage' space for your items (kinda like RE with the attache). I think that would have been a cool feature. The stealth is solid. People thinking the stealth should be better cite MGS, Splinter Cell or Tenchu. That makes no sense because Joel isn't a spy or ninja, he is a normal person.

The graphics are great but some things could use some polish. The large areas and lighting are pretty impressive when compared to the Uncharted games more narrow areas. All in all I'm digging it but one thing holding me back is I don't see it as a game I'd replay often or even at all. Haven't tried MP yet so can't comment.
---
https://twitter.com/Inkontrol2 - my media twitter (movies, tv shows, music, gaming)
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=inkontrol
#8nuskooIPosted 6/16/2013 9:19:26 PM
jason19192 posted...
You haven't even played it, so why so butthurt?

Might want to look at your posts.

jason19192 posted...
Btw it's nothing like Uncharted and the gameplay DESTROYS dark souls in every single way possible.

A casual generic shooter game DESTROYS the best combat in any game ever (Dark Souls)?

Oh you aim and shoot!

Oh and the game is full of fake gameplay QTEs! GREAT GAMEPLAY! - PSYCH! QTEs are not gameplay.

DevilTears604 posted...
Both ya'll stop. Just agree to disagree and stop acting like your opinion is fact.

Nah.

I'm super sick of these nooblet mainstreamers who eat up the newest hyped to hell games that lose all their praise within a week or two. You would think that this is their first gen gaming or something.

These new games need to emphasize gameplay instead of presentation. Zelda Ocarina of Time is still the best game of all time. Super Mario 64, Yoshi's Island, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Final Fantasy VII, etc.

Yeah, some game where you play as a middle aged drifter and his loli companion surviving an epidemic of mushroom people just does not seem fun. Oh and I have seen a bit of "gameplay" too. Bunch of QTEs and shooting. Bleh.
---
#9crazyman32Posted 6/16/2013 9:21:19 PM
DevilTears604 posted...

There is no point in arguing with Greer since he hates most games anyway.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#10XxD3ADLYXxPosted 6/16/2013 9:21:48 PM
I think Greer was dropped when he was born.