This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dear anyone calling Last of Us an interactive film or comparing it to Uncharted

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Dear anyone calling Last of Us an interactive film or comparing it to Uncharted

User Info: TheRatedR_Viper

TheRatedR_Viper
3 years ago#1
You should really play the game unless you enjoy making an ass of yourself. I'm on chapter 8 and outside of the prologue , the only segment I've come across that I'd qualify as a set piece is that part where you're upside down. As far as gameplay goes , this is pure survival horror. It's pure traditional gameplay 90% of the time. This game could not be anymore unlike the things people are dismissing it as. If I considered myself a pro at any genre , it's traditional survival horror. No modern game has fused current technology with that hardcore style until now. I'm not here to preach ( although I do love the game ) but if you're gonna hate it; take your head out of your ass, play it, and come back with legitimate reasons for disliking the game. I'll even give you guys a freebie to demonstrate what constructive criticism is; I do wish crafting weapons was more varied.
http://letterboxd.com/solid_fantasy/
Latest Reviews: This Is The End, Stoker, VHS 2

User Info: Weiland101

Weiland101
3 years ago#2
You must realize by now that any game that gets good reviews and/or is popular gets a lot of hate on this board. It is just how people are around here.

TheRatedR_Viper
3 years ago#3
You must realize by now that any game that gets good reviews and/or is popular gets a lot of hate on this board. It is just how people are around here.

I believe thatthere are legitimate and respectable reasons to dislike anything.no matter how well received. For once I'd just like to witness that

User Info: StrangeJourney

StrangeJourney
3 years ago#4
I wouldn't say it's pure survival horror but it IS amazing. It actually surpassed my hype.

User Info: freesith

freesith
3 years ago#5
the autosave bug. lost 6 hours because of it. so i tried to play it again and skip the cutscenes. that's when i realized the campaign is boring and watched it on youtube instead.

multiplayer is great though.
I take solace in knowing that consoles can never cause a Steam outage.

TheRatedR_Viper
3 years ago#6
the autosave bug. lost 6 hours because of it. so i tried to play it again and skip the cutscenes. that's when i realized the campaign is boring and watched it on youtube instead.

bugs can really instantaneously change a perspective on a game. I understand from experience.

User Info: Bolc56

Bolc56
3 years ago#7
TheRatedR_Viper posted...

bugs can really instantaneously change a perspective on a game. I understand from experience.

This
PSN: Azaan60

User Info: JohnHitman47

JohnHitman47
3 years ago#8
Remember this its GFaqs, if the game its not made by a jap studio it sucks thats why you can't take this site seriously because people like nuskool /greer/ agrissa kill the reputation of this site, even if the game its great they will say it sucks.
Love good shooters and horror.

User Info: CrimsonGear80

CrimsonGear80
3 years ago#9
freesith posted...

Might as well watch all your games on youtube....
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif

User Info: N_T_S_C

N_T_S_C
3 years ago#10
Trying to reason with people on gamefaqs is like trying to clothe an octopus. It just won't happen.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Dear anyone calling Last of Us an interactive film or comparing it to Uncharted

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived