This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dear anyone calling Last of Us an interactive film or comparing it to Uncharted

#1TheRatedR_ViperPosted 6/17/2013 2:13:23 AM
You should really play the game unless you enjoy making an ass of yourself. I'm on chapter 8 and outside of the prologue , the only segment I've come across that I'd qualify as a set piece is that part where you're upside down. As far as gameplay goes , this is pure survival horror. It's pure traditional gameplay 90% of the time. This game could not be anymore unlike the things people are dismissing it as. If I considered myself a pro at any genre , it's traditional survival horror. No modern game has fused current technology with that hardcore style until now. I'm not here to preach ( although I do love the game ) but if you're gonna hate it; take your head out of your ass, play it, and come back with legitimate reasons for disliking the game. I'll even give you guys a freebie to demonstrate what constructive criticism is; I do wish crafting weapons was more varied.
---
http://letterboxd.com/solid_fantasy/
Latest Reviews: This Is The End, Stoker, VHS 2
#2Weiland101Posted 6/17/2013 2:23:23 AM
You must realize by now that any game that gets good reviews and/or is popular gets a lot of hate on this board. It is just how people are around here.
#3TheRatedR_Viper(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 2:27:26 AM
You must realize by now that any game that gets good reviews and/or is popular gets a lot of hate on this board. It is just how people are around here.

I believe thatthere are legitimate and respectable reasons to dislike anything.no matter how well received. For once I'd just like to witness that
---
#4StrangeJourneyPosted 6/17/2013 2:30:57 AM
I wouldn't say it's pure survival horror but it IS amazing. It actually surpassed my hype.
#5freesithPosted 6/17/2013 2:34:05 AM
the autosave bug. lost 6 hours because of it. so i tried to play it again and skip the cutscenes. that's when i realized the campaign is boring and watched it on youtube instead.

multiplayer is great though.
---
I take solace in knowing that consoles can never cause a Steam outage.
#6TheRatedR_Viper(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 2:36:27 AM
the autosave bug. lost 6 hours because of it. so i tried to play it again and skip the cutscenes. that's when i realized the campaign is boring and watched it on youtube instead.

bugs can really instantaneously change a perspective on a game. I understand from experience.
---
#7Bolc56Posted 6/17/2013 2:45:54 AM
TheRatedR_Viper posted...

bugs can really instantaneously change a perspective on a game. I understand from experience.

This
---
PSN: Azaan60
#8JohnHitman47Posted 6/17/2013 3:31:16 AM
Remember this its GFaqs, if the game its not made by a jap studio it sucks thats why you can't take this site seriously because people like nuskool /greer/ agrissa kill the reputation of this site, even if the game its great they will say it sucks.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#9CrimsonGear80Posted 6/17/2013 3:49:31 AM
freesith posted...

Might as well watch all your games on youtube....
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#10N_T_S_CPosted 6/17/2013 3:59:32 AM
Trying to reason with people on gamefaqs is like trying to clothe an octopus. It just won't happen.