This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dear anyone calling Last of Us an interactive film or comparing it to Uncharted

#11WeLoveYouPosted 6/17/2013 4:06:14 AM
TheRatedR_Viper posted...
the autosave bug. lost 6 hours because of it. so i tried to play it again and skip the cutscenes. that's when i realized the campaign is boring and watched it on youtube instead.

multiplayer is great though.

bugs can really instantaneously change a perspective on a game. I understand from experience.

And this is exactly why I learned to never buy games on dayone anymore.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/RainyDusk
#12HorrorSindicatePosted 6/17/2013 5:11:14 AM
TheRatedR_Viper posted...
You should really play the game unless you enjoy making an ass of yourself. I'm on chapter 8 and outside of the prologue , the only segment I've come across that I'd qualify as a set piece is that part where you're upside down. As far as gameplay goes , this is pure survival horror. It's pure traditional gameplay 90% of the time. This game could not be anymore unlike the things people are dismissing it as. If I considered myself a pro at any genre , it's traditional survival horror. No modern game has fused current technology with that hardcore style until now. I'm not here to preach ( although I do love the game ) but if you're gonna hate it; take your head out of your ass, play it, and come back with legitimate reasons for disliking the game. I'll even give you guys a freebie to demonstrate what constructive criticism is; I do wish crafting weapons was more varied.

The first three SH games were scripted enough for me to consider them interactive films. So to me at least there's precedent of survival horror games being so. Canned or scripted gameplay is one of the big factors in what I would consider an interactive game.

Thing is I acknowledge that not everyone would consider that a fault.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#13freesithPosted 6/17/2013 7:06:03 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
freesith posted...
the autosave bug. lost 6 hours because of it. so i tried to play it again and skip the cutscenes. that's when i realized the campaign is boring and watched it on youtube instead.

multiplayer is great though.

Might as well watch all your games on youtube....

nope. just this game. that bug basically killed the immersion for me. don't get me wrong, i think the campaign is good for a one time playthrough. but not good enough to replay aside from trophies
---
I take solace in knowing that consoles can never cause a Steam outage.
#14Mad_CauliflowerPosted 6/17/2013 7:33:04 AM
N_T_S_C posted...
Trying to reason with people on gamefaqs is like trying to clothe an octopus. It just won't happen.

LMAO

You can try though.
---
When the vegetable patch goes nuts....... i'll be there to sort 'em out.
#15ThamauturgePosted 6/17/2013 7:38:55 AM
HorrorSindicate posted...
The first three SH games were scripted enough for me to consider them interactive films. So to me at least there's precedent of survival horror games being so. Canned or scripted gameplay is one of the big factors in what I would consider an interactive game.

Thing is I acknowledge that not everyone would consider that a fault.

What? How? The first three Silent Hill games really gave you quite a bit of time in between cutscenes.
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Playing: SH2 HD 10 Star Ranking, Ratchet Collection, The Last of Us------- PSN: Thamauturge
#16XechsPosted 6/17/2013 7:40:54 AM
I do think there is a sales vs hate ratio thing on gamefaqs. If you read these boards there is such hard on for niche games like deadly premonition and nier (I'm guilty hyping this up) and such hate for COD, uncharted etc.

Even within a franchises like Zelda on nintendo boards you such praise for majora mask and sky word sword and such hate for Ocarina and twilight princess. is it a coincidence the latter 2 games sold 2x or more then the other 2 previous games.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#17theshovellerPosted 6/17/2013 7:43:55 AM
Honestly, I can see the comparison to an "interactive film," from where I am so far in the story. There's no real choice in how to take enemies down aside from "stealth or all-out brawl," there's checkpoints every 5 minutes or so of gameplay (which, while not always a bad thing, does seem a bit excessive, even for a frequent manual-saver like me,) and there are a lot of cutscene-to-gameplay-back-to-cutscene transitions.

I like it, honestly, but I can see where the criticism comes from, regarding that angle of it. I would have preferred it if it were a bit more like the last Tomb Raider game that came out recently, but this setup works for it.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#18XechsPosted 6/17/2013 7:44:04 AM
I started the game on normal and you are like resident evil, ie you have tons of ammo, in fact I was almost full all the time and items to was full until the point I couldn't pick up supplies because everything was max. Hard/survival mode is a alot more fun as a survival game.

I like that naughty dog did such extremes. So people can enjoy it how they like.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#19shinra35800Posted 6/17/2013 7:45:43 AM
basically gamefolks are saying anything with realistic graphics that is in 3rd person is the same game :P

dumb outlook is dumb.
#20N_T_S_CPosted 6/17/2013 8:08:31 AM
shinra35800 posted...
basically gamefolks are saying anything with realistic graphics that is in 3rd person is the same game :P

dumb outlook is dumb.

I want to give this dude a cookie.
---
ntsc