This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I thought Resident Evil Revelations was suppose to be a good game?

#1gucciburrrPosted 6/17/2013 3:59:57 PM
Just finished it and man did it suck ass.Clunky movement with a dodge mechanic as unresponsive as the one in MGR, terrible aiming , awful monsters, no sprint option, bland story, hilariously bad voice acting (the bald head white dude has to easily be the worst character in gaming history) and boring boss battles. The scanning was cool and weapon upgrading was enjoyable. Overall, a garbage product that should have stayed on that junk handheld. The fact that this mess is considered a "good" RE game shows how far the series has fallen. RE5 was better in every aspect.
---
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!
#2Devilman_AmonPosted 6/17/2013 4:01:30 PM
But RE5 has bad AI assist...and Chris punching boulders..
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#3CrimsonGear80Posted 6/17/2013 4:01:56 PM(edited)
Well, that's too bad. I though it was a great game.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#4PhaseSlaethePosted 6/17/2013 4:01:54 PM
MGR dodge unresponsive. LMFAO.

Oh wait. Gucci.

ROLFMAO!!

As for RE-R, RE-R is only good because RE now is total ass.
#5gucciburrr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 4:12:56 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
But RE5 has bad AI assist...and Chris punching boulders..

You must have not played RE Revelations. If you did, you would know the AI assist is actually worse. Can't believe I forgot about this.

*Spoiler*

During the main battle, Chris stood in a corner firing his semi-automatic hand gun slower than a person would using a bolt action rifle. When he wasn't firing at a round per hour, he was sitting their admiring the monster and not even firing. This happened all game long whenever I had a partner. Regardless of the character.

God awful game.
---
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!
#6JahkeemyorkPosted 6/17/2013 4:18:29 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...

Oh wait. Gucci.

ROLFMAO!!

MGR's dodge is pretty stupid, they really fixed the dodge mechanic with Sam's DLC. Though Raiden's Parry is very much spot on.
#7DemiFistPosted 6/17/2013 4:18:36 PM
I actually agree with the TC for the most part.
Most people praised this game like crazy, but I thought it felt very sub-standard. I really didn't care for RE5 either though.
Everything in Revelations is just 'meh'.
The characters/designs all suck.
The dialogue/story was outright terrible.
Enemies were garbage.
The dodge was poorly implemented and only works half the time.
No sprinting was a terrible design choice.
Walking in scanning every inch of a room got boring and tedious real fast.
The combat was very dull and the gunplay never got exciting.
I'm not gonna write a full review or anything, but there was a lot about Revelations that just screamed 'mediocre'
as a 3ds game I'm sure it impressed people to see RE in portable form, but as a console game it's just a poo-stain.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#8PhaseSlaethePosted 6/17/2013 4:19:10 PM
Jahkeemyork posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...

Oh wait. Gucci.

ROLFMAO!!

MGR's dodge is pretty stupid, they really fixed the dodge mechanic with Sam's DLC. Though Raiden's Parry is very much spot on.

How is the dodge "stupid"? Because every half-assed poser "gamer" couldn't do it?
#9XSilverPhoenixXPosted 6/17/2013 4:50:59 PM
The demo was reason enough for me not to buy it. I don't know why people are so amazed by a handheld game gone HD, it just didn't feel like a console game.

I was watching Raid Mode on YouTube and that doesn't even compare to Mercenaries, yet people prefer it. I don't get it, but whatever.

The control was crap, and I really didn't care for the enemy designs. Capcom in general has been failing with their RE enemy designs for a while as RE6 had a lot of stupid enemies. Maggot or Meal Worm heads, bee heads, grasshopper legs, three headed weird spitters, rock gorillas (Napad), etc.

Nothing scary remains and even the zombies were a joke. I did like the fatties just for a change and Bloodspots were nothing more than Lord Zedd without the mask.

The series doesn't know how to make an engrossing game anymore, and RE:R only engrossed people because they were playing a single player game with crappy AI partners that had no interactions with them.

This game also has the worst character designs in any RE game.
#10SMT_MasochistPosted 6/17/2013 5:24:34 PM
To each his own. The game was great on 3DS and its the same on the consoles. The reason it got so much praise is because it didn't go the action route like 4-6. It's slower like the older ones. Yeah the enemy design is limited and dodge isn't accurate but at least it's there.

It's nostalgic.
---
Games: Monster Hunter 3U, RE:R, Soul Hackers
PS3/Vita/WiiU: ENDBOSS78 3DS: 1375-7216-3398