This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Japanese games > Western games

#1mmpepsiPosted 6/19/2013 9:06:38 PM
It's fact. With Japenese games we get epic experiences like Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Silent Hill, etc...

What are Western games? Sports, sports, fps, fps, etc...

Also Hatsune Miku is not a Western release. Nuff said.
#2BurgerTime79Posted 6/19/2013 9:07:59 PM
Ok Junpei's alt. Exaggerating won't get you anywhere.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#3mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 9:09:01 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...

No exaggerations.

I didn't mention western failures like DmC to be nice.
#4DevilTears604Posted 6/19/2013 9:16:29 PM
Why are ya'll arguing about this?
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#5Still__RippinPosted 6/19/2013 9:25:32 PM
When an obese woman becomes inpregnated with a spoiled cucumber you end up with a melting Popsicle that tastes like tomato.
---
Look at em run outta shape from coffees and cinnamon buns
How if feel when the tables is turned hollow tips through your vest and it burns
#6DevilTears604Posted 6/19/2013 9:27:05 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
When an obese woman becomes inpregnated with a spoiled cucumber you end up with a melting Popsicle that tastes like tomato.

....is it wrong that I got turned on by that?
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#7doofy102Posted 6/19/2013 9:53:16 PM(edited)
I've never believed that "Japan's games have sunken below Western". The best games are usually still Japanese. (my opinion following)

Demon's Souls/Dark Souls
Bayonetta, Rising, Vanquish (on the action front)
The Evil Within (set to remind everyone what videogame horror really is)

The 3 most anticipated games from E3: MGSV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy V

There may be LESS great Japanese games these days, and for that you need some decent Western games to fill up your library, stuff like inFamous, God of War etc, but on the whole the only Western game I hype to the max is GTAV. (EDIT, oh, forgot Rayman Legends.)
---
LittleBigPockets: A study of the video game LittleBigPlanet and the odd things that children create on it. http://littlebigpockets.blogspot.com.au/
#8thisranksPosted 6/19/2013 10:16:25 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...

I'd say it's more like half agenda and half fishing expedition. It wouldn't be abnormal regional mentality otherwise.

I sometimes wonder if mary and her five sisters come into play when they create these topics ... well, either that or a god complex brought about by an inferiority complex.

I have to admit i'd love to see one of the regionally challenged in a therapy session. Nothing like watching someone have their personal biases brought to light and watching them try to excuse it away.

For the record to my left about 3 ft. away sits approximately 500 games. The question is: Do i really need to care whether they are Japanese developed or not to enjoy them?

9 out of 10 baby chimps surveyed said no ... the 10th one is in therapy.
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, and Himari Noihara FTW
#9mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 10:22:52 PM
thisranks posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...

I'd say it's more like half agenda and half fishing expedition. It wouldn't be abnormal regional mentality otherwise.

I sometimes wonder if mary and her five sisters come into play when they create these topics ... well, either that or a god complex brought about by an inferiority complex.

I have to admit i'd love to see one of the regionally challenged in a therapy session. Nothing like watching someone have their personal biases brought to light and watching them try to excuse it away.

For the record to my left about 3 ft. away sits approximately 500 games. The question is: Do i really need to care whether they are Japanese developed or not to enjoy them?

9 out of 10 baby chimps surveyed said no ... the 10th one is in therapy.

Nobody cares how many games you have. You haven't played most of them and you know it.
#10teehee23Posted 6/19/2013 10:52:30 PM
Last of Us is not from the land of Japan.
---
"How many male virgins are boycotting Xbox #1? Every last one of them."- Katharine (6-18-13)