This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which series should I play before PS4?

#1up_southPosted 6/20/2013 4:47:24 AM
Looking to get into a series before PS4 hits the shelves, but I don't want to spend too much nearing the end of the generation so I'll just get into one for now. I was thinking one of these

Kingdom Hearts (No idea where to start here with the confusing titles like that 365/2 one or whatever its called)

Metal Gear Solid. Seems a bit more straightforward with a separate title on another console. PSP, I think?

ICO & SOTC HD collection. Didn't see anything related to these two for next generation but they both look interesting regardless

Any other recommendations are welcome.
#2Bellum_SacrumPosted 6/20/2013 5:20:04 AM(edited)
Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix will be out in September and is probably the best way to start.

Metal Gear Solid: The Metal Gear Solid Legacy collection comes out in about a month. It will include all the important games.

ICO+SOTC: If a series that continues on next-gen is your priotity then the future for the "Last Guardian" (the third game in this series) looks bleak. However, they are still amazing games in their own merit.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#3up_south(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 5:27:03 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix will be out in September and is probably the best way to start.

Metal Gear Solid: The Metal Gear Solid Legacy collection comes out in about a month. It will include all the important games.

ICO+SOTC: If a series that continues on next-gen is your priotity then the future for the "Last Guardian" (the third game in this series) looks bleak. However, they are still amazing games in their own merit.

Thanks for informing me about the upcoming MGS collection, all the core metal gear games in one package seems too good to pass up. Definately beats getting the HD collection then picking the rest out separately