This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Uncharted is the most overrated series on the PS3

#71Bolc56Posted 6/21/2013 10:30:41 PM
Muv-Luv posted...
Just accept the fact that people like games that you don't, okay?

---
PSN: Azaan60
#72KryptoPyro13Posted 6/21/2013 11:32:01 PM
I loved Uncharted except for the gunfights everywhere, even when unfitting to the story. >_> U1 really had bullet sponges though. Enemies didn't even die from a headshot. U3 got better with this.
---
"I expected disappointment. In that regard, I was not disappointed."
Official Husband of Gregor of the FE:A boards.
#73crazyman32Posted 6/22/2013 12:44:31 AM
Muv-Luv posted...
Just accept the fact that people like games that you don't, okay?

---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#74wolf rider(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 2:05:36 AM
TheLightsAreOn posted...
wolf rider posted...
Simply saying 'people have different opinions' without providing reasons as to why you disagree adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

It doesn't make you sound more mature or open-minded. Rather, it has become the go-to, cop out excuse used by people who can't back up what they say because they can't look at things objectively.

Instead of going over your post point by point, his simple reply covered all bases with that.

Try harder.

He didn't go over my points because he couldn't counter them. After 70+ posts not one person who disagrees with me has backed up their view with any sort of reasoning. Instead they resort to straw mans like:

You have already made up your mind, so any more would have been a waste of time.

king_madden posted...
i still want to know how a game is overrated when its quality is pretty much opinion based.

if i play a game and think its the best game ive played, then thats my opinion. just because you dont like it doesnt mean it was overrated it just means you have a different opinion. the only games people are going to say is overrated or underrated is whether or not they agree with the masses. if a lot of people like it its overrated, if a lot of people dont like it, its underrated.

Yeah, no. There are objective criteria by which you can measure a game's quality. If there wasn't, anyone could claim Superman 64 and Alien: Colonial Marines are the best games ever made.

fact remains though, its just opinion.

There it is again.

How about this. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't post.
---
"Crows before hoes" ~ Jon Snow
#75Battleship_GrayPosted 6/22/2013 5:11:24 AM(edited)
A: You should have played it at release.
B: *The vast amount of near universal critical praise speaks to an overall level of quality.
C: A common factor in game ratings is "fun factor" which is wholly subjective and can overrule other shortcomings in a game.

Long story short, particularly factoring in time of release, you're in the minority. If the majority of people like something and you don't, it's not overrated, you're just an outlier.

You said it yourself: "I don't understand how these games get so much praise." You likely never will if "it was fun" isn't an acceptable answer for you.

*Completely sidestepping the "the reviews were paid for" argument...because it's foolish.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#76king_maddenPosted 6/22/2013 11:55:44 AM
@wolf
um no incorrect, there is no objective criteria to a good game, if someone likes those games, then they have a right to like them, they are only viewed as bad games because its viewed that way by a lot of people, just like games you called overrated are called that, because a lot of people like them.

you cant have specific criteria for a "good" game, because games are so different from each other, from some having stories, to no story, to art style, to level of difficulty. I can say chess the video game is a good game, but to someone who doesnt like board games it would be terrible. just like someone who likes halo, or MGS, even someone doesnt like those types of games, then they wouldnt fit their criteria for a good game.

there is no specific measuring stick.
#77LTR450racerPosted 6/22/2013 12:32:07 PM
Great job actually providing reasoning to your opinion instead of the "this game sucks". I agree with your position that they are overrated but I did find some enjoyment out of them and would buy again. The more I think about it, almost every main stream exclusive this gen for both systems are in fact extremely overrated. The only one that I can actually think I found a ton of enjoyment out of was the second InFamous.
---
PSN...USAF-Kunty
#78king_maddenPosted 6/22/2013 12:35:50 PM
LTR450racer posted...
Great job actually providing reasoning to your opinion instead of the "this game sucks". I agree with your position that they are overrated but I did find some enjoyment out of them and would buy again. The more I think about it, almost every main stream exclusive this gen for both systems are in fact extremely overrated. The only one that I can actually think I found a ton of enjoyment out of was the second InFamous.

now in your opinion what is overrated? like what are the terms for it? Would it be a game that a lot of people really liked that you didnt like as much as them?

i guess this question is for you and wolf i reckon.
#79originalhipsterPosted 6/22/2013 12:56:07 PM
Battleship_Gray posted...
A: You should have played it at release.
B: *The vast amount of near universal critical praise speaks to an overall level of quality.
C: A common factor in game ratings is "fun factor" which is wholly subjective and can overrule other shortcomings in a game.

Long story short, particularly factoring in time of release, you're in the minority. If the majority of people like something and you don't, it's not overrated, you're just an outlier.

So basically you have zero legit reasons for liking it and they all boil down to because "a lot of other people like it". Mainstream sheep at their finest. TC is right, not a single person has given a valid reason for stating it's great so far. It's because there isn't one.

Your A reason in particular shows what a tool you really are. Yes let's all succumb to release propaganda and hype instead of measuring a product for what it really is.
---
I was a hipster way before it was cool.
#80Battleship_GrayPosted 6/22/2013 12:56:21 PM
LTR450racer posted...
The only one that I can actually think I found a ton of enjoyment out of was the second InFamous.

That's funny, InFamous 2 bores me to tears.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat