This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Old school RPG alert: breath of fire IV or chono cross??

#21StarBladeEdgePosted 6/20/2013 11:53:15 PM(edited)
you want an jrpg with over 40 meaningless characters , NO exp/level up system and a weird story - get chrono cross. chrono cross ias everything but NO old school rpg :D all this game has in common with trigger is the name. that's it. they changed the gameplay completely and not for the best.

breath of fire 4 on the other hand IS old school. it's like bof 1 in 3d. get that !
---
''Riddle'' me this
Hail Capcom! Greatest Developer of all Time !
#22SemibatmanPosted 6/20/2013 11:58:07 PM
chrono chross is a bit overrated

breath of fire 4 is more of a classic
#23wolf riderPosted 6/20/2013 11:58:51 PM
BoF4.

CC is like an empty shell of CT.
---
"Crows before hoes" ~ Jon Snow
#24echa_OnePosted 6/21/2013 6:27:07 AM
I'd go with Breath of Fire IV.

I just replayed Chrono Cross last month, too. Chrono Cross is fine on the story (for a few main characters that is, other characters are just fillers). However, I find the battle system... annoying. You will get constantly interrupted when attacking because enemies have no turns. So you input any attack, then at some point enemies will attack you, then you attack again. When the attacking character gets attacked physical or magic alike, then the accuracy that has been built is resetted to default... It may get annoying, at least it gets me.

The accuracy system does not reflect what's written on the screen. I have never seen 90%+ accuracy misses so much. I guess it factors enemy's evade rate, but yeah... it's misleading. The element/magic system is delightful, though.

Just my 2 cents.
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#25SinfullyvannilaPosted 6/21/2013 6:30:33 AM
It's very much a matter of taste.

Personally, I'd say CC though.
---
WRPGs and JRPGs were never genres until Demon's Souls came out. Stop using the terms incorrectly.
#26DragoonGriffithPosted 6/21/2013 6:31:33 AM
Chrono Cross.

It's also better than CT in a lot of categories.
---
Tales of Rebirth = SARPG