This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Uncharted series analysis.

#1originalhipsterPosted 6/20/2013 9:09:37 PM
Uncharted 1: Average. I could tell from the first few hours it relies heavily on graphics and presentation to get the game sold, doesn't have any real substance. Heavly scripted, especially in the platforming department. To call it a semi-platformer is an insullt to real platformers. Sorry, but pressing X when near something an auto-snapping regardless of timing to the next part is not platforming. But for the first game the story was pretty engaging so I'll give it that. No reason to ever play it again though.

Uncharted 2: More of the same to be honest. It improved on some very subtle aspects but overall was just as average. The story was recycled from the first, no originality there at all. One of the most dissapointing final bosses ever. I was expecting a big badass mutant that would take ages to finally kill and yet it was a normal dude who was a pushover in every way. Very anti-climactic.

Uncharted 3: More of the same again. Few steps back actually but the mutiplayer was better than U2 so I'll give that. Probably the highlight of this mediocre game. Worst part of the game was the HUGE buildup....to absolutely nothing at the end. Made the whole story feel like a waste of time. Again to my huge letdown almost copy and pasted the plot from U2.
---
I was a hipster way before it was cool.
#2PancakesRock15Posted 6/20/2013 9:33:26 PM
Cool!
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Red ||||||||||||||| Green ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Blue.
Can't wait til PS4. PSN:Ultimatepancake
#3originalhipster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 9:34:02 PM
PancakesRock15 posted...
Cool!

TY
---
#4originalhipster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 9:48:01 PM
IMO Sony needs to buy back the rights to Crash and I want to see Naughty Dog make Crash Bandicoot 4. They can do so much better than cookie cutter dudebro shooters.
---
#5ModernFOXXPosted 6/20/2013 9:55:25 PM
*sees post, then notices username. Stops reading*
---
Why Albert...why? ~Sincerely, a Cardinals fan...No loyalty at all from what could've been the greatest Card ever, Albert Pujols.-------PSN: ANDR0iD_v3
#6lambchipsPosted 6/20/2013 10:04:36 PM
the first uncharted felt like a game as it made the player feel like they were exploring a deserted island
the second game just felt like a straight up movie. it was just the player going from scene to scene to look at the pretty predetermined events.
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#7originalhipster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 10:06:24 PM
lambchips posted...
the first uncharted felt like a game as it made the player feel like they were exploring a deserted island
the second game just felt like a straight up movie. it was just the player going from scene to scene to look at the pretty predetermined events.

This is true.

Ironically, U1 was the least linear of the 3. So I guess that's also a plus I forgot to mention.
---