This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which franchise is not as good as people say?

#11TigercmlPosted 6/21/2013 9:25:42 PM
Tough choice. A lot of crap in that poll.
#12jammiesPosted 6/21/2013 9:52:55 PM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
Uncharted. I have the trilogy Platinumed, so I can safely say that there's nothing special about it. Nothing that it does is new, and everything it does well was already done better by something that came before it. The only thing it did do was take all of those different things "platforming, shooting, melee combat, etc." and mash them together into one single game, and it resulted in the most linear, set-piece driven interactive movie I've ever sat through. I wasn't even gonna play the 2nd one, but everyone insisted that it totally made up for the lack-luster 1st game, and I only have the 3rd one because when my first PS3 died and I bought a new one, Uncharted 3 came with it for free.

The best thing about Uncharted is how Drake gets wet dynamically and actually looks like he's appropriately wet. And considering everything else the game tries to do, that's not necessarily a good thing.

3 platinums is a lot of investment in something that isn't special. Do you punch yourself to sleep at night too?
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#13SouzetsuAerirPosted 6/21/2013 10:01:42 PM
ReyMilansteryo posted...
Souls series

its a good game but i cant understand why people say treat it like a second coming of jesus

I don't look at the series quite like that. I think the big deal about Demon/Dark Souls is its difficult yet rewarding experience. The best I can sum it up is brutal yet it plays fair and not many games can be labeled the same way.
---
NNID: SouzetsuAerir
3DS FC: 4871-4039-0185
#14MoonBoundPosted 6/21/2013 11:38:45 PM
jammies posted...
Uncharted. I have the trilogy Platinumed, so I can safely say that there's nothing special about it. Nothing that it does is new, and everything it does well was already done better by something that came before it. The only thing it did do was take all of those different things "platforming, shooting, melee combat, etc." and mash them together into one single game, and it resulted in the most linear, set-piece driven interactive movie I've ever sat through. I wasn't even gonna play the 2nd one, but everyone insisted that it totally made up for the lack-luster 1st game, and I only have the 3rd one because when my first PS3 died and I bought a new one, Uncharted 3 came with it for free.

The best thing about Uncharted is how Drake gets wet dynamically and actually looks like he's appropriately wet. And considering everything else the game tries to do, that's not necessarily a good thing.

3 platinums is a lot of investment in something that isn't special. Do you punch yourself to sleep at night too?

1 and 2 are amazing 3 is overrated. And no one overrated the first 2 they where rated for story, cinimatic gameplay, puzzles and its adventure and shooting elements I'm sorry you don't like it but atleast be objective about it, the games got the scores they deserved.
---
I used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow in the knee, microsoft said deal with it!
#15Brocken_JrPosted 6/21/2013 11:59:17 PM
of that list
gow
ds
uc
ff (some great games still)
gta (was back then)
lbp
ds
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8FtBf6VAWM
#16deathslovePosted 6/22/2013 12:55:46 AM
Borderlands, everyone loves it, but it is boring. The mics don't even work well for co-op. Horrible repetitive and no story.

Of that list, Dead Space
---
Final Fantasy XIV, XV, and KH3- PS4
#17bloodcoastPosted 6/22/2013 1:09:51 AM
I went with LBP, since if you can't find someone to play with, the experience really sucks.
#18Another_CyzykPosted 6/22/2013 1:16:36 AM
Souls. It's an action game with indifferent combat pacing, no RPG elements, and the worst excuse for multiplayer I've ever seen in a game. It isn't hard, merely punishing of mistakes and rewarding for twinks. I say this as someone who has beaten both games.

Also, Dark Souls has one of the WORST ports for PC I have seen in my life.
#19NaturalCalamityPosted 6/22/2013 1:28:35 AM
jammies posted...

Seriously. Who spends all that time to platinum a game that they don't really enjoy...makes no sense whatsoever.
---
May the lord forgive us, may the gods be with us. In that magic hour, I've seen good Christians, make rash decisions. What happened to religion, oh she lose it.
#20nocute_nicknamePosted 6/22/2013 1:29:47 AM
MGS. Personal opinion.