This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People get mad when DmC Dante curses, but when Ellie from TLOU curses...........

#21CrimsonGear80Posted 6/21/2013 10:58:06 PM(edited)
agrissa posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
agrissa posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
The characters in DmC swear like a 14 year old

they really don't.

They really do, though. You of all ppl should know since you are 14, are you not?

You have not played the game, so kindly shut it.

I've seen all the swearing in the game so I am qualified to come up with the conclusion that they sound like 14-year-olds.

you have not played the game. i don't care what Greer told you about it, so shut it.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#22Battleship_GrayPosted 6/21/2013 11:02:54 PM
torch00 posted...
Context.

---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#23ManuKesnaPosted 6/21/2013 11:04:49 PM
damn agrissa just came back from the suspension and is still trolling/doing the same thing that got him suspended? LOL some people really dont learn, is he insane like greer? :o
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna
#24MwarriorHieiPosted 6/21/2013 11:31:29 PM
people didnt like the swearing in DmC because it was childish, badly done script-wise, and was so contrary to dante's established character.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fvUkkgN.gif
#25ukokira1Posted 6/21/2013 11:36:55 PM
It was annoying with Dante because i
he was trying to be cool. And it was just boring. It made sense with Armstrong. And it was just plain repetitive with Ellie.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#26PoorCountryPosted 6/22/2013 12:11:27 AM
It's because of style. Dante's "eff you" argument with the succubus was a stylized dialogue intended to draw attention to the use of the F-word. It was immature. The Last of Us obviously doesn't have that style.
#27Devilman_AmonPosted 6/22/2013 12:34:32 AM
PoorCountry posted...
It's because of style. Dante's "eff you" argument with the succubus was a stylized dialogue intended to draw attention to the use of the F-word. It was immature. The Last of Us obviously doesn't have that style.

This
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#28sean2995Posted 6/22/2013 12:38:25 AM
When it comes down to "Swearing" in medias its all based on content. DmC used it in a bad way compared to how its used in this game.

For me I disliked it because I hate that type of personality. Example in highschool this guy needed to swear in EVERY sentence he spoke.
#29StarBladeEdgePosted 6/22/2013 12:41:41 AM
it's normal for an action movie that the heroes curse.even little annoying brats.
---
''Riddle'' me this
Hail Capcom! Greatest Developer of all Time !
#30MoonBoundPosted 6/22/2013 12:43:52 AM
None of you guys can not come up with a decent argument why you think dmc is bad, he never said it much and he's at his youngest age abd all alone how do you think he's going to act? He hates demons he was not trying to be cool lol wow use your brains people.

Your reasons are crackpot the game is great the real answer is nostalgia so its up to you to take odd the nostalgia glasses ofd but atleast be honest and objective about it.
---
I used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow in the knee, microsoft said deal with it!