This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you transfer PSN purchases from one PS3 to another?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Can you transfer PSN purchases from one PS3 to another?
2 years ago#1
Is it very difficult and do you need both PS3's active to be able to do it?

If mine breaks could I buy a new one and transfer my purchases?
---
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
2 years ago#2
PSN purchases are tied to your account not the console, so you can always re-download them even to a new console provided you use the same account.
---
Sometimes dead is better.
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8439/rrodmonsterlolte7.jpg
2 years ago#3
Ah nice one! Thanks
---
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
2 years ago#4
However I believe there is a limited number of consoles that can be "activated" for your account. I think it's three. Used to, you could only do this through the system, but I hear now you can do it online. I need to do that myself, my YLOD ps3 is still registered as my main PS3.
---
Black FC: 0003 3193 6389/
I have nothing witty to put here
2 years ago#5
Vohn_Exel posted...
However I believe there is a limited number of consoles that can be "activated" for your account. I think it's three. Used to, you could only do this through the system, but I hear now you can do it online. I need to do that myself, my YLOD ps3 is still registered as my main PS3.

I think you can unregister dead systems online. I *think*.
2 years ago#6
Vohn_Exel posted...

Yes, you can do it online, but there are some rules:
1. You can do it once per 6 months
2. You can do it only to ALL consoles registered with your PSN account, individual systems has to be de-activated manually via he XMB.

The webpage you can do it is in following link: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/
---
EU PSN: Samkichawa
2 years ago#7
Ah, in that case I have a question. Once deactivated, is it a simple step to reactivate my only current ps3? I mean, will I have to redownload everything or will I just reactivate and then be able to play again?
---
2 years ago#8
Vohn_Exel posted...
Ah, in that case I have a question. Once deactivated, is it a simple step to reactivate my only current ps3? I mean, will I have to redownload everything or will I just reactivate and then be able to play again?

Just activate and play
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/LegendofJerZ.png
2 years ago#9
Awesome, thanks!
---
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Can you transfer PSN purchases from one PS3 to another?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived