This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please recommend some FPS games for a JRPG guy

#1denpanosekaiPosted 6/22/2013 8:23:29 AM(edited)
I'm normally a JRPG guy but recently platinumed Deus Ex: HR and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. I may go through Fallout New Vegas next but unsure. Waiting on Far Cry 3 to go on sale to pick it up. Loved every second of Binary domain! I used to play the Medal of Honor games back on PS2 but completely stopped since then. The new Call of Juarez on PSN looks awesome too, just gotta check out the demo first.

I want:
- good cover system
- stealth options
- (at least some) light RPG elements
- decent storyline and voice acting
- violence/horror/WTF themes

I don't care about:
- online multiplayer
- realistic weapons
- complex squad options
#2InfiniteHEROPosted 6/22/2013 7:40:39 AM
Its a third person shooter but look into Spec Ops:The Line
---
I am a PS3/360 Owner
#3kanartPosted 6/22/2013 7:42:22 AM
Borderlands Two
#4VegantoKeensPosted 6/22/2013 7:43:08 AM
I really liked Singularity. It has RPG elements and a great story. It has to be cheap as hell right now, one of those undercover hits that everyone misses because of big series releases.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#5InfiniteHEROPosted 6/22/2013 7:43:40 AM
Or go play the Borderlands Games
---
I am a PS3/360 Owner
#6AnthonM2Posted 6/22/2013 8:05:21 AM
Breakdown from Namco on the original Xbox, awesome game (it influenced many games like Half-Life 2, Fear, Bioshock, and The Darkness), it's compatible with Xbox360.
#7theshovellerPosted 6/22/2013 8:12:07 AM
AnthonM2 posted...
Breakdown from Namco on the original Xbox, awesome game (it influenced many games like Half-Life 2, Fear, Bioshock, and The Darkness), it's compatible with Xbox360.

Wait, how the hell did it influence Half-Life 2? Or Bioshock?

Bioshock was influenced by System Shock, and Half-Life 2 was influenced by..... well, Half-Life 1. Did the same exact stuff that was in the first one - active cutscenes while you walked around, everything presented in a first-person perspective, etc.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#8denpanosekai(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 8:22:14 AM(edited)
InfiniteHERO posted...
Its a third person shooter but look into Spec Ops:The Line

Oh! Forgot to say I just beat that game too! LOVED IT! PSN+ keeps on giving.

Also I have both Bioshock and Breakdown in my collection, except I never tried them! Guess now's a good time. Although I thought Breakdown wasn't fully 360 compatible (wikipedia says "Save games often corrupt").

As for Borderlands, I also got it for free off PSN+ (I think? or was it the demo) and I didn't really like it.

VegantoKeens posted...
I really liked Singularity. It has RPG elements and a great story. It has to be cheap as hell right now, one of those undercover hits that everyone misses because of big series releases.

Great! Looked up some gameplay footage and now it's on my list! I guess "horror" could go on my list of "I want" as well. Now that I think of it I also have F.E.A.R 3 sitting sealed on a shelf somewhere.
#9PsychoGamer23Posted 6/22/2013 8:45:08 AM
Far Cry 3 is on sale right now at Gamestop for $19.99 new.
---
Currently Playing: GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted 2, Injustice
Pokemon FCs in Profile - PBL and ETS
#10KaspaUFgatorPosted 6/22/2013 9:07:59 AM
Surprised no one has mentioned the Mass Effect games, you can get them all pretty cheap right now and are a lot of fun!
---
Gators, Yankees, Jets, and Knicks!!