This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am retiring from gaming

#11xiTz_RyaNxPosted 6/22/2013 2:16:22 PM
MajinGoo posted...
Uncharted 2 already surpassed it...Years ago.

The Last of Us is what Uncharted wishes it could have been, and even after 3 games, it doesn't even compare.
---
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken with a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it. Jack of Blades > All.
#12RyuuHou25Posted 6/22/2013 2:19:31 PM
Pretty sure I've seen this exact topic before
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#13JahkeemyorkPosted 6/22/2013 2:39:55 PM
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
MajinGoo posted...
Uncharted 2 already surpassed it...Years ago.

The Last of Us is what Uncharted wishes it could have been, and even after 3 games, it doesn't even compare.

^ This, Uncharted 2 honestly, and I stand by this. The only thing that made the game decent and loved was it's graphics. There was nothing compelling about the actual gameplay itself or the story. It was the shock value (Like GTAIV Had) the shock value on how games were able to pretty much have "cutscenes" in-game. The things you'd only be able to have in cutscenes happening while you were in control of your cahracter. That flawless marriage that Naughty Dog created became a standard throughout gaming afterwards. However outside of that the game was pretty shallow. Even though I loove uncharted 2 with all my heart, that's what it was.

Last of Us brings makes this even more solid, but outside of that added more suspense to the gameplay from stealth that actually works. To some of the best bandit fights I've seen. There are graphical hiccups but the story writing is absolutely amazing. There aren't as many "explosions, oh no I have badluck" moments like Drake has. However the entire system has matured a lot, the team has taken what they learned from Uncharted 2 and put it on a whole new scale.

Though I wouldn't quit all of gaming because of that, as great as Last of Us is, I'm a gamer that likes all different tastes so I need to play something more..light hearted and fun after that emotional joyright LoU gave me.
#14bigbrandon1986Posted 6/22/2013 3:12:06 PM(edited)
dr_zomberg posted...
you dont quit gaming until you die.

This is the only thing I've ever seen on gamefaqs actually worth a signature. All other signatures fail in comparison to this statement. Well done my friend. Well done.
---
PSN ID: imurhero
TWITTER: Brandon_Renners