This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Screen resolution problem?

#1Yazoo111Posted 6/23/2013 2:51:30 AM
Basically I got an avermedia game capture hooked up to my ps3 via component cables and it should display 1080i, but every time I load up a game the game looks like it zooms in and and loses so much quality
Here's an example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcrXcqFCsl8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

When I'm on the XMB screen the quality looks good, it's just when I load up a game it just zooms in and looks really bad. I don't get this problem with my Xbox.
Can anyone help out?
---
Im gonna be snookering you tonight
#2lambchipsPosted 6/23/2013 3:08:07 AM(edited)
ps3 games cant do 1080, so the resolution will instantly go back down to 720, but a factor to why your vid may not look the best might be because you're using component cables...

In my experience you're better off using hdmi and capturing the footage via fraps instead of REcentral
From my experience I can capture at 1080 but the vid gets upscaled which results in a slightly pixelated look...
you're better off capturing at 720 for sharper quality (as well as file size)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#3Yazoo111(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 4:33:11 AM
Thing is about a week ago I recorded some footage of gta vice city and the quality was clear. I recently recorded some Xbox footage and plugged the component cables back into the ps3 and now it's giving poor quality.
I think it might have something to do with the settings but I'm not sure what it is
---
Im gonna be snookering you tonight