This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This has been the best gen of gaming by far.

#1MyWifeBeatsMePosted 6/23/2013 6:07:14 AM
A huge improvement over the abomination of the 6th gen where JRPGs completely flooded that market.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 6/23/2013 6:11:15 AM
No wonder your wife beats you.
---
My Resident Evil: Revelations Review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/700996-resident-evil-revelations/reviews/review-154461
#3HolyMcmolyPosted 6/23/2013 6:18:20 AM
I actually agree with you. Previous gen games just look like a joke in comparison to the games we get nowadays, and I could only get myself to play a handful of them.
#4luigi13579Posted 6/23/2013 6:40:57 AM
I think this gen has been pretty good, and better than a lot of people on this site have suggested.

I have to admit that gen 6 was probably my favorite though, with gens 4 and 5 a bit behind, in that order. I'm not really sure where I'd place gen 7, other than somewhere behind gen 6.

Also, I disagree that JRPGs *completely* flooded the market. I didn't really play that many JRPGs last gen and still managed to find plenty of games that I enjoyed in other genres. The PS2 was really the only console that had a significant number of JRPGs last gen, but given the sheer size of its library, there were still plenty of other great games.
#5yahya_no_1Posted 6/23/2013 6:42:49 AM
Of course when the PS3 Gen has DMC3, RE4, MGS3 and Shadow Of the colossus.....oh wait
---
PSN:yahyano1
#6qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 6/23/2013 7:36:42 AM
yahya_no_1 posted...
Of course when the PS3 Gen has DMC3, RE4, MGS3 and Shadow Of the colossus.....oh wait

Okay, the last gen had 4 good games. And about 500 games that were absolute crap. This gen has many amazing games and a lot less games that are just plain terrible.
---
He who smelt it is also most likely the one who dealt it.
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 6/23/2013 7:47:05 AM
yahya_no_1 posted...

Okay, the last gen had 4 good games. And about 500 games that were absolute crap. This gen has many amazing games and a lot less games that are just plain terrible.

At least the last gen had complete games.
---
My Remember Me Review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/640642-remember-me/reviews/review-154539
#8wstfldPosted 6/23/2013 7:51:36 AM
I agree. I always like the next gen over the previous one. Developers just keep getting better at their craft. Makes sense.
---
Last Played: The Last of Us (9.5/10)
Now Playing: StarCraft 2, Vanquish, Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, The Last of Us
#9ATTACK__CATPosted 6/23/2013 8:04:00 AM(edited)
HolyMcmoly posted...
I actually agree with you. Previous gen games just look like a joke in comparison to the games we get nowadays, and I could only get myself to play a handful of them.

sounds like your both kids who missed the old gens. not saying its a bad thing but you have to understand standards go up.

things that made you go 'wow' back then would look bad today. not just graphics, but things like speed (silent bomber was the fastest action game on PS1, but was slow compared to most ps2 action games... likewise ZOE2 was the fastest ps2 game, but slow compared to a lot of ps3 games).

TLOU is getting amazing reviews, people saying its graphics are amazing and the gameplay is immense.

10 years from now that will be 'nostalgia goggles' as standards and graphics will be higher. doesn't mean you were any less 'wowed' at the time, or took any less enjoyment from them.

thats why the 'best games ever' or 'best films ever' aren't all modern day cgi etc etc. from a physical standpoint BAD stuff today still looks better/smoother/ has better gameplay than even good stuff in the past. but the stuff in the past is still 'better' from a human perspective who played them both at their given times in their given contexts.

transformers is not the best film ever. not even close. its special effects blow most old films away. yet the godfather is still much much better.

its like saying SD is better than HD... so all HD films are better than all SD films. some SD films are still amazing and you would barely notice the change in resolution. a terrible HD film is worse than an amazing SD film.
#10LamacePosted 6/23/2013 8:04:13 AM
Well, considering that RPG's are my favorite genre, I can't really say the same. While there are plenty offerings this gen, there just hasn't been the same level of high profile releases. Which is disappointing to me.