This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HDMI problem

• Topic Archived
2 years ago#1
My PS3 wont display a picture when i hook it up to a HDMI cable, and i am worried that the only solutions (holding down the power buttons, doing restore default settings) will corrupt my data. Help???
2 years ago#2
There's virtually no worry of corrupting your data by resetting the display options...
The above is not in all caps.
2 years ago#3
How about restore default settings???
2 years ago#4
Are you upgrading from non-hdmi to hdmi? Just set it up through the sd tv and when it displays for 20 seconds replace the two cables.

If not, probably a faulty hdmi cable.
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
2 years ago#5
??? what
2 years ago#6
Your not hooking it up right it should auto detect the cord.
I used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow in the knee, microsoft said deal with it!
2 years ago#7
^Not if you went from SD to HD. Other than that it could be connection issue.
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS(3DS), ToS, ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
2 years ago#8
Trailblazer34 posted...
??? what

If you can't understand that with a bit of imagination to make it clear then you should stick to your linear, hand-holding games.
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
2 years ago#9
Sometimes if you were using component output before, it won't recognize it correctly. When turning it on, turn it on AT the console, holding the power button down for awhile. It will recognize the HDMI and output correctly.
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
2 years ago#10
I love it when someone has something explained to them step by step in exact detail and they still don't get it

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived