This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I love video games of today and they have come a long way but...

#1MMAKSXPosted 6/23/2013 9:16:32 PM
Man looking back at games from the 8 and 16 bit era, they just had this particular charm, the pixels, the midi music, a lot of games were light on the story but its ok because the combination of gameplay and music were enough.

Sorry to get all nostalgic here, I was just on youtube and was listening to some old ost's and it brought back so many memories, being a kid playing nes, snes and gameboy will always be memories that I keep with me.

I also get nostalgia with the PS1 and N64 but the snes was something special for me.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#2-POWERGLOVE-Posted 6/23/2013 9:19:22 PM
not sure what the point of this topic is. I will say that modern games lack any charm that video games used to have, nostalgia aside.
---
http://mygaming.co.za/news/wp-content/uploads/powerglove_326554202.jpg
#3MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 9:22:08 PM
Quote:not sure what the point of this topic is. I will say that modern games lack any charm that video games used to have, nostalgia aside.
@-POWERGLOVE-

Friendly discussion.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#4TPerryoo7Posted 6/23/2013 9:23:33 PM
Yup and they will always be here for us to enjoy. Honestly half the time is rather play the classics over the newer junk. Im not even that old, but I just find more enjoyment out of older games. Hell i mainly use my vita for PS1 haha.

I can't wait for the next retron console to come out, with hdmi capabilities and gameboy slots!
#5yeoldegamerPosted 6/23/2013 9:29:39 PM
For me personally, the last gen of consoles was the best. I've been gaming for awhile and my first system was the Atari 2600. I feel like the overall quality of games in the last gen was the best.

Each gen had games that I still love though. I still pop in games all the way back to Atari once in awhile, and I've been buying old PS1 games off of PSN that I missed or really loved to play for my PSP.
---
YE OLDE GAMER: Slaying dragons, asteroids, & Donkey Kongs since 1985.
#6HolyMcmolyPosted 6/23/2013 9:44:09 PM
-POWERGLOVE- posted...
not sure what the point of this topic is. I will say that modern games lack any charm that video games used to have, nostalgia aside.

Modern games don't lack anything. If anything, they have more charm. Some people need to realize Call of Duty isn't this gens only game.
#7MoonBoundPosted 6/24/2013 1:58:51 AM
MMAKSX posted...
Man looking back at games from the 8 and 16 bit era, they just had this particular charm, the pixels, the midi music, a lot of games were light on the story but its ok because the combination of gameplay and music were enough.

Sorry to get all nostalgic here, I was just on youtube and was listening to some old ost's and it brought back so many memories, being a kid playing nes, snes and gameboy will always be memories that I keep with me.

I also get nostalgia with the PS1 and N64 but the snes was something special for me.

I agree devs would make more money if they focused more on fun gameplay then graphics we just need more games where charm and gameplay come first.
---
I used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow in the knee, microsoft said deal with it!
#8spectermaster14Posted 6/24/2013 2:01:19 AM
HolyMcmoly posted...
-POWERGLOVE- posted...

Modern games don't lack anything. If anything, they have more charm. Some people need to realize Call of Duty isn't this gens only game.

But if we accepted that, what would we cry about on the internet?
#9MoonBoundPosted 6/24/2013 2:11:39 AM
HolyMcmoly posted...
-POWERGLOVE- posted...

Realistic graphics or gore does not make games charming games like sly or indies can be quite charming however .
---
I used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow in the knee, microsoft said deal with it!
#10namdonicePosted 6/24/2013 2:28:06 AM

Oh yeah.All those executions in Tomb Raider and the unnecessary violence in modern games definitely have charm....
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.